Blm Road And Trail Kml Files?

7 minutes ago, Redz said:

These screen shots are from backcountry navigator showing the land status on both images. Switch over to the forest service topo and you have the road labels. Inexpensive program and maps are all free. Does all the waypoints tracking etc and you can upload your own maps from google earth etc

I am sure the other program are similar, but you dont need a kml of the road labels if you have acess to multiple map layers - or at least I dont

06-03-20_08-40-42.jpg

06-03-20_08-27-01.jpg

Awesome, thanks!  Interesting shot by the way, the Cushenbury Quarry was one of my project areas when I used to work for the Forest Service.

1 hour ago, afreakofnature said:

are you sure its backcountry navigator?  It seems to get terrible reviews

Its not “Backcountry Navigator GPS Topo” - people posting bad reviews are saying it is a fake broken version of the other one.

I think he meant “Backcountry Navigator Pro”.  It looks good, but I think there’s a annual membership fee.  My free topos on the “Topo Maps” app have more details as they are actually real digital USGS quad maps that are the same images as the paper ones have, so things like quarries and adits are marked on them.

yes you are correct it is the "Backcountry navigator pro" the app. I did the 12 dollar download, and don't pay any other fees. You can get many map layers including the USGS topo maps. It has about 16 different topo options. As you can see from the TOPO above, the prospects are marked

4 hours ago, GotAU? said:

Awesome, thanks!  Interesting shot by the way, the Cushenbury Quarry was one of my project areas when I used to work for the Forest Service.

Glad I picked that spot then - I chose it because it had the BLM, private land, and forest service in the screenshot

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Redz said:

yes you are correct it is the "Backcountry navigator pro" the app. I did the 12 dollar download, and don't pay any other fees. You can get many map layers including the USGS topo maps. It has about 16 different topo options. As you can see from the TOPO above, the prospects are marked

Oh never mind, it won’t work for me because it’s one of those droids only programs...  😞

I use onXMaps on my phone, its $100 per year, but allows up to 2 phones to use it, so me and a buddy split the cost $50 each for a year, and it covers 50 states...

Also check out Gaia GPS , 1 year is $17 for basic, or $36/yr for the land ownership, offroad maps, and a lot more. https://www.gaiagps.com/membership/

Dave

• Like 1