Nugget Shooter's Field Guide Reviews

Got mine today, and already read it. very good book, with lots of nugget-hunting insights. Well worth the wait, and price.  I'm going to keep re-reading it, too. I want to cement all that info into my mind.

Jim

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have to ask at risk of sounding ignorant here - who is Reese Townes? I assume someone with a lot of experience since Rob funded the book...? Does he have noteworthy credentials/accomplishments in the prospecting world?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jasong said:

who is Reese Townes?

I've read a couple of his articles in ICMJ.  Here is the back cover with bio -- hope it's high enough resolution to read:

Townes_bio.thumb.jpg.5b994ad8a5d1df10f9db84e1a81042e6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've skimmed some of the geology (it is very detailed to me) and looked at lots of pictures and read a couple of the detecting chapters and I'll have to say it is like having a new detecting partner.

Reece's wordings and style and when he talks about the 'pre-gridding' routine are words that would focus a detectorist like me.  I'm mostly a solo detectorist so I'm apt to repeat my mistakes and not see what I need to see or detect where I should be detecting.  This book will help me to look at my spots with a different light even tho I'm not in Montana.

As a bonus there are many pictures of Chris Gholson in Australia and a Rob Allison big nugget.

I forget how much I paid for it last June but it is worth it.  It may even pay for itself.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Here is my opinion of "The Nugget Shooters Field Guide" by Reese Townes. A very informative book, nicely formatted, with excellent photos, with strong emphasis on the alluvial geology of Montana, Idaho, and similar areas. Plenty of good information, and as I always say,  if you glean just one new tip from such a "how to" book, which helps you find more gold, then it's worth buying the book. In fact, I have sold thousands of copies of my own books to folks who have exactly the same opinion. Yeah, this old Desert Rat learned a bit more about finding alluvial gold. Well done Reese! I recommend it highly. Good value for the money. HH Jim

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone just wanted to see how everyone who bought my book, is liking it? I am on Facebook and Instagram. reesetownesgoldseeker5000. I have started a thing on my Instagram page called Gold Detecting Food For Thought. Got people following it worldwide. I hope some of you are able to get out and find some gold. Luckily, Montana, isn't cracking down on people like in other states and Australia. Our governor is encouraging people to get out, camp and recreate. Just don't congregate. The weather has been keeping me from getting out. I will be getting out next weekend for the first hunt of this year. I can't hardly wait. It's driving me crazy. So yah, if you have finished reading it, let me know on here. I hope everyone is safe and well. I'm sad to hear about Fred Mason.

• Like 1

2 thumbs up on the book Reese...……..👍