Nox 600 Gray Ghost Ndt Headphone Adapter

have a nox 600 and bought a set of GG NDT headphones. got a m/lab adapter but the GG's dont work with them but all my other 1/4 in plug ones do! where can i get the proper one

2 hours ago, billy 1951 said:

have a nox 600 and bought a set of GG NDT headphones. got a m/lab adapter but the GG's dont work with them but all my other 1/4 in plug ones do! where can i get the proper one

Welcome to the forum.  You might get more views if you post this in the Equinox forum, but I’ll try to get you started on some possible solutions.

First some clarification needed - The proper what?  Headphones or adapter?  I’ll presume you were referring to the adapter.

When you say the GG’s don’t work - are you getting no sound or is the on-board speaker not cutting out?

See below for more information on what works and doesn’t work as far as 1/4 inch adapters, headphones, and the Equinox.

Also, you can get an NDT cord with a 1/8” mini plug that should plug right in without using the M/L adapter.

Lots of good info in the Equinox Essential Info thread.  

• Like 2

i have the minelab adapter for the equinox 600. the sound on the detector does not shut off and the GG NDT headphones do not work but when i plug into the adapter my sennheiser 280 hd pro's everything works as it should! will try the 1/4 in mono to stereo adapter today! seems that should work possibly the ring is wired wrong and the adapter should solve the problem

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Nox 600 Gray Ghost Ndt Headphone Adapter
2 hours ago, billy 1951 said:

i have the minelab adapter for the equinox 600. the sound on the detector does not shut off and the GG NDT headphones do not work but when i plug into the adapter my sennheiser 280 hd pro's everything works as it should! will try the 1/4 in mono to stereo adapter today! seems that should work possibly the ring is wired wrong and the adapter should solve the problem

That should work and is a cheaper option than getting a new NDT cord with the small plug.  Let us know how it goes.

ordered the 1/4  stereo to 1/4 mono adapter today! will keep you informed if it works!

• Like 2

ok as promised!! i bought a nox 600 and a set of GG ndt phones! along with the minelab waterproof adapter! the GG's wouldnt work using that adapter but all my other 1/4 in plug phones did! i took some advice and purchased  a stereo to mono adapter and this actually worked! the radio shack part # is 2740071. its a 4 pack of adapters for around $8 but the one you want is in there!! i'm a happy camper now so where's the gold!! haha

• Like 2