Chasing Some Little Stuff

Low mineralisation testing location. 
Small gold.  But surprisingly deep. 

No photo or mention of detector used.  
What can’t you tell us JP?  😉  🤫

"Come in Spinner" I love it JP, we`ll be watching this space.😉

• Haha 1

Nicely done JP!  In the Nevada desert, we dont have the humidity to worry about, usually, just the hot sun light.  So I understand the benefit of a cloudy day.

Brian.

• Like 2

I'm fascinated by this gold prospecting with a detector. Stupid question maybe, but do you ever try and pan out some of the surrounding dirt for finer gold? or does your machine not hit on flour type gold? Or are you just nugget hunting? That's just got to be a great feeling of exhilaration when you find one. Can't imagine that gets old. Thanks for posting. 

• Like 1

Nice going, JP!  How much trash did you dig in comparison to get these 17 pieces? I average about 20-30 pieces of trash per nugget. That would be at least 340 pieces of trash here in CA 🙂

• Like 1

Great little finds you got, and they do add up over time.

What type of detector did you use and how much trash did you have to put up with.

Hi JP.  I have experienced the same thing in an area like that which maybe a change in the season temp or atmos pressure.

Last October I went to an area that I have been all over with my 7000 before. This area has been scraped before and piled up for dry blowing a long time ago. In two days I picked up 39 pieces all small and very close to the surface, see my photos. Great fun for little reward. I have picked up in the surrounding area larger deeper pieces during the years but this blew me away as how I missed bits in such a close proximity. (check the size of the piece on the left side, would not register on the scales on its own) cheers Sturt

IMG_20190802_144959.jpg

IMG_20191003_173644.jpg

IMG_20191021_182714.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, sturt said:

(check the size of the piece on the left side, would not register on the scales on its own)

It would surely have registered on my scale 🙂 You should see some of the small stuff that I find at times (BB size or smaller). Really fun to recover those with the 14 in coil...Thanks for sharing the pics. Very cool! Aussie land is just on a different level than anything we have here in the US.

• Like 3