Chasing Some Little Stuff

Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me. In my state we just don't have the gold. I'm very impressed with you gold guy's. Your explanation makes me want to try this even more. Good luck in the future and please post more.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kiwijw said:

Fair enough, but a few people did ask the question as they were obviously interested & wanted to know. It doesn't matter what equipment was used. It doesn't have to turn all ugly & doesn't have to go any further than what gear you were using, unless you have something to hide. You hadn't answered them which is why I made mention of a NF coil for the Zed. Simon made mention of a white coil in a couple of your pics, which I hadn't seen, of which you then obviously edited out. I thought that was a bit odd, like you do have something to hide. We have all heard about NF & a supposed coil they are working on for the Zed & it could well be that you may have been trialing it. 

Weather it was the Zed & ML 14" coil or an X coil or NF coil....it doesn't matter, does it? It is just a detector & coil finding gold which it why we are all here. People are always going to wonder what gear was used just out of interest when you show a post of gold you have found. Most people share that info or have photos showing it. You seem to have gone to great lengths to conceal it. I just find that all a bit weird & sure others do as well.  

Nice gold too by the way.

Good luck out there

JW 🤠 

This is why I don’t post any more, can’t have a thread without someone trying to make it about X coils 🙄.

It was clearly stated he didn’t want this to be about coils but you blokes just can’t help yourself.

• Like 1

Perhaps it was a mistake to have the coil in the pic. Given the fact that we all know JP tests gear, seems reasonable that if he removed it and wont talk about it, means he can't. 

I agree with Trent King, so sick of hearing about Xcoils or some form of Xcoil description without saying Xcoil.

Make the bad man stop!!!!

Re ( life seemed purer and more simple in the VLF days, every little nugget counted and had immeasurable importance and meaning, I truly miss those days)

Yes I remember, when 6 detector operators could work in a 3m Square patch  in Vic Golden Triangle with their Minelab 15000, 16000 and Eureka Aces.

• Like 1

The thread has taken its predictable turn. It's incredibly boring to have to constantly read about people bagging each other. Why don't we decide to cut it out? This is not the Finder's Forum. Most of us don't give a crap about the arguing and the subtle put-downs, we are here for the mutual support, the learning and the sharing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

The thread has taken its predictable turn. It's incredibly boring to have to constantly read about people bagging each other. Why don't we decide to cut it out? This is not the Finder's Forum. Most of us don't give a crap about the arguing and the subtle put-downs, we are here for the mutual support, the learning and the sharing. 

Flak, I’ll try to set a good example and avoid replying to the jibes. I am not an innocent in the proceedings and do bite well on the subtle baits that get dangled, floating out a few hypocritical taunts of my own at times.🤥

I feel that some of my comments in the past have pushed the boundaries into what has become a decaying line of unacceptable behaviour, something I need to learn to control when interacting with others. For my part I hope those who have felt offended take this as a peace offering for the sake of everyone else who has had to bare witness. A balance needs to be found where the forum is entertaining and interesting enough to encourage sensible debate without it getting into the tit-for-tat territory.

I do love a good debate and putting forward differing views especially on subjects I am passionate about, trying to word things were it challenges POV’s without bruising egos is the hard bit. Hopefully when others post they too will feel compelled to tone things down and avoid being tempted to write in such a way that others are triggered into the same old familiar spaces. We’ve all become very adept at recognising each other’s sensitive points and then cleverly camouflaging them in our words.

JP

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1