17 minutes ago, kiwijw said:

Fair enough, but a few people did ask the question as they were obviously interested & wanted to know. It doesn't matter what equipment was used. It doesn't have to turn all ugly & doesn't have to go any further than what gear you were using, unless you have something to hide. You hadn't answered them which is why I made mention of a NF coil for the Zed. Simon made mention of a white coil in a couple of your pics, which I hadn't seen, of which you then obviously edited out. I thought that was a bit odd, like you do have something to hide. We have all heard about NF & a supposed coil they are working on for the Zed & it could well be that you may have been trialing it. 

Weather it was the Zed & ML 14" coil or an X coil or NF coil....it doesn't matter, does it? It is just a detector & coil finding gold which it why we are all here. People are always going to wonder what gear was used just out of interest when you show a post of gold you have found. Most people share that info or have photos showing it. You seem to have gone to great lengths to conceal it. I just find that all a bit weird & sure others do as well.  

Nice gold too by the way.

Good luck out there

JW 🤠 

This is why I don’t post any more, can’t have a thread without someone trying to make it about X coils 🙄.

It was clearly stated he didn’t want this to be about coils but you blokes just can’t help yourself.

• Like 1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday was an overcast day which meant lower temperatures, the perfect opportunity to focus on a little spot I have that has very little shade cover. This year has been a weird summer, I have never

Dogodog, I have tried panning in the past and almost always don’t find much fine gold at all. These little tackers are liberally scattered around a reclaimed area where the bulk of material was remove

Hi JP.  I have experienced the same thing in an area like that which maybe a change in the season temp or atmos pressure. Last October I went to an area that I have been all over with my 7000 bef

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Trent King said:

This is why I don’t post any more, can’t have a thread without someone trying to make it about X coils 🙄.

It was clearly stated he didn’t want this to be about coils but you blokes just can’t help yourself.

Trent, it isn't about X coils at all. You are just assuming. A few asked what was used in finding this gold. Like I said, it doesn't matter what found it. It is just a detector & coil finding gold. Nothing more nothing less. It was just weird to me how JP went to lengths, editing his photos, & avoid answering what people asked.

Most of us are on here due to our passion in detecting for gold & what equipment is used in doing so. Other people are blowing this X coil thing totally out of context & making mountains out of mole hills. I do use them....yes....& I do like them....yes. They work for me. I am not holding a gun to people's heads stating they must use them.

I have also stopped doing posts on my adventures & finds because invariably the gold I am finding is through the use of my Zed & X coils & I am sick & tired of the negative energy that seems to develop from some because of this & the posts become a war zone. Which isn't who I am. I don't actually recall a recent post from you that had anything to do with gold but just stirring the pot like you are now.

Sorry JP for the hijack.

JW 

• Like 1

Perhaps it was a mistake to have the coil in the pic. Given the fact that we all know JP tests gear, seems reasonable that if he removed it and wont talk about it, means he can't. 

I agree with Trent King, so sick of hearing about Xcoils or some form of Xcoil description without saying Xcoil.

Make the bad man stop!!!!

Re ( life seemed purer and more simple in the VLF days, every little nugget counted and had immeasurable importance and meaning, I truly miss those days)

Yes I remember, when 6 detector operators could work in a 3m Square patch  in Vic Golden Triangle with their Minelab 15000, 16000 and Eureka Aces.

• Like 2

The thread has taken its predictable turn. It's incredibly boring to have to constantly read about people bagging each other. Why don't we decide to cut it out? This is not the Finder's Forum. Most of us don't give a crap about the arguing and the subtle put-downs, we are here for the mutual support, the learning and the sharing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
18 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

The thread has taken its predictable turn. It's incredibly boring to have to constantly read about people bagging each other. Why don't we decide to cut it out? This is not the Finder's Forum. Most of us don't give a crap about the arguing and the subtle put-downs, we are here for the mutual support, the learning and the sharing. 

Flak, I’ll try to set a good example and avoid replying to the jibes. I am not an innocent in the proceedings and do bite well on the subtle baits that get dangled, floating out a few hypocritical taunts of my own at times.🤥

I feel that some of my comments in the past have pushed the boundaries into what has become a decaying line of unacceptable behaviour, something I need to learn to control when interacting with others. For my part I hope those who have felt offended take this as a peace offering for the sake of everyone else who has had to bare witness. A balance needs to be found where the forum is entertaining and interesting enough to encourage sensible debate without it getting into the tit-for-tat territory.

I do love a good debate and putting forward differing views especially on subjects I am passionate about, trying to word things were it challenges POV’s without bruising egos is the hard bit. Hopefully when others post they too will feel compelled to tone things down and avoid being tempted to write in such a way that others are triggered into the same old familiar spaces. We’ve all become very adept at recognising each other’s sensitive points and then cleverly camouflaging them in our words.

JP

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

JP I don't think we could ask for much more than that. 

17 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

JP I don't think we could ask for much more than that. 

We can! JP feel free to send each member some of that beautiful gold popcorn you keep finding. Also keep on letting us enjoy your sold tech pointers.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2020 at 9:33 PM, Gold Catcher said:

It would surely have registered on my scale 🙂 You should see some of the small stuff that I find at times (BB size or smaller). Really fun to recover those with the 14 in coil...Thanks for sharing the pics. Very cool! Aussie land is just on a different level than anything we have here in the US.

Thanks Gold Catcher, been away for a while without the computer. I dont mind digging up.01 Gram pieces all day. Stuffed at the end of the day but a smile on the dial all the way back to camp, cheers sturt

• Like 2
On 3/6/2020 at 1:31 AM, Chris Ben said:

Great job, that "little stuff " adds up quick!!

Chris 

Hi Chris. This location was and still is flogged all Winter each year. The whole area would be probably 25 Acres. There is holes 12 inches to 18 inches deep in some locations. I have spent time all over this and eventually was my reason to change over from the 5000 to 7000 series in desperation that I was missing gold.  Nothing worse than turning up to the site and find holes in spots that you have already spent hours searching around. A couple of prospectors told me that it was cleaned years ago but each year I find pieces. Now I know if I setup the 7000 properly and dont rush over the ground, the 7000 seriously amazes me what it can find. The contribution from all people on this site is so important especially JP and other professional detecting persons, cheers sturt 

• Like 1