Vanquish 440 As Backup

Luis

I've only used it out there twice. Still prefer the Equinox over the Vanquish because it's deeper. Vanquish seems to work best in jewelry mode on beaches.

• Like 1

👍Thank you for the answer Abenson ..... I know that these are the conditions from a very strong salinity environment..such more than... the salinity of the sea....

• 1 month later...

I bought a Simplex+ for that reason, to backup my 800. Simplex+ is a fine machine but way too different for me in tones and TID values.

Sold it and bought the Vanquish 540 with an 8" and 12" coil. Love that machine. It does not see as much very small stuff as the Equinox so is not a noisy and gives more solid TID and signals over good targets. It is fun to use. No worry about if you have the right adjustments set properly. you just turn it on, select a mode and start hunting. Has rock sold shaft with no wiggle like the 800.

The 540 was the perfect choice for me. And it is a very good multi-IQ detector.  only drawback is I cannot use it in creek hunting for fear of slipping and dunking the 540 which is no way water proof. Of course I have the 800 for that and once even it leaked and I had to send it back to Minelab for a replacement.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...