Jp’s Gold Thread

JP,

There is nothing wrong with success!!  Hope you will keep posting.

Bugler

• 2 weeks later...

Phrunt😷, its an Iron Bark so can be considered a HARD WOOD😜, there was never any fear of it going all soft and falling over!!🤕

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Re (Iron Bark so can be considered a HARD WOOD)

I remember in the early 90's went for a Gold Prospecting Information session with John Tully out of Dunolly in the forest ( Vic Golden Triangle) on likely Gold Prospecting areas, and he mentioned Iron Bark Trees along with quartz around the bottom of the trees along with local indicators.

Still have a copy of his A3 maps of the areas around Dunolly, he has gone on to have Gold Maps for most areas in Vic, sold at detector shops around Oz.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The John Tully maps are excellent, we used them back in the 90's, they were an invaluable tool when we first went to Victoria and had no idea on where to start to try our luck. The bit I loved about them was the historical information about large patches and nuggets found with metal detectors, even though the patches were well frequented it was nice to have that bit of local history of the golden days of metal detecting.

JP

• Like 1

That is an awesome pile of gold.  Shame we don't have gold or rather not much gold in southern Virginia.

That’s some really nice looking gold JP. People get all excited over the larger nuggets but I have found it easier to sell gold like that at higher prices simply because they are more affordable for more people. Long story short that’s the kind of gold I love having piles of - good for you! 👍🏼

• Like 2

What a nice pile.  I have a bad back and it always helps to bend over and dig a target every so often.  Long periods between targets makes me sore and grouchy.  

We have clubs here that buy gold and then they have the drawings or raffles for it at the meetings and everyone is happy!