Jp’s Gold Thread

Thanks, JP! Amazing gold and amazing operator! Every GPZ owner on this forum should be greatful for your detailed explanations and advice!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, phrunt said:

That's some nice gold, I can only imagine how much gold there is to still be found as detectors improve at bad ground handling, as in our mild soils here we run in normal all the time and targets can be found in normal that are completely invisible in difficult.   There must be so much missed gold with current technology in OZ.   I guess that's what Minelab will be working on with the GPZ 8000.

It shows you how versatile the GPZ is and how it can deliver results in so extremely different ground conditions. Here in the Motherlode country HY/difficult gives the best results (at least for me) as in normal mode faint deep targets are missed due to high mineralized soil response that masks anything deeper than about 3-5 inch. If I run in HY/normal I only pick up shallow small gold. But as always, not one method fits all. I have not heard much about the extra deep mode though. Even with the 19 inch general/difficult seems to work best. I wonder if anywhere else in the world so much gold can be found as what JP is showing here. A very inspirational thread!

• Like 1

Pretty neat seeing a photo of the proto! And in action making it happen!!! That is one B-E-A-utiful specimen! I bet that was sOme feeling to see what emerged after soaking it! 

Excellent!

• Like 1

Had a customer GPZ follow up Training session this morning, so targeted an area with the Zsearch 12"/13" prototype for missed small bits. Managed 2 in old dig holes and one deep flake. Got hot quick though, argh the joys of summer.🥵

20201130_080033.thumb.jpg.f1412ddb3376784c4836efe78eff3b49.jpg

20201130_080021.thumb.jpg.8e735dcdcc9b89cd606d7b794a9003a9.jpg

20201130_104956.thumb.jpg.e53c729ae79e18ea0efb82b901daba2c.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks JP, I need to spend much more time with my 7000 to get more comfortable with it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

I prefer it if there has been a few thunder storms to wash away all the tyre tracks and footprints, the myriads of patterned phycological evidence that beta-blocks the feeling of success right out of your very soul before you even start the first swing of the coil.

As long as those would not be your own footprints, you have nothing to worry about! Quality always trumps quantity. Awesome finds, as always 🙂