Jp’s Gold Thread

Great arvo, JP!

• Like 1

Anyone who has seen his DVD's know the level of photographic/video work JP is capable of. The man is a born photographer, videographer and editor…with an urge to educate and illustrate. And we are the beneficiaries. I am always mindful of the tons of clipped passages from his posts I have stored in my computer that educated me on my last five detectors. I know from experience what it took to shoot, edit and score his DVD's. We are a luckier than we may know.

• Like 7

This is great JP, thank you for putting in the time and effort. I have been meaning to get back down to Clermont for another go

I did a lesson with you a few years back on the Z. After that went on to Western Creek and got a nice 15g bit.

Anyhow thanks again for putting this thread up.

Cheers for now Peter.

• Like 1

Thanks JP for posting this thread. Man.... I have discovered a long time ago that those little ones are what ends up paying the bills. Bread and butter nuggets. The big ones tend to be the bonus. 

Another great series of posts, truly enjoying the ride, helps beat the winter blues, and I'm learning helpful new information as well while I wait for the ground to thaw and the snow to leave from my gold fields.

Thanks for your time and dedication.

All the best,

Lanny

36 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

I also played around with High Yield Normal and even though the ground could handle HY Normal the target signal was seriously degraded by that mode so once again reverted back to Difficult. 

JP so do you recommend using HY/Difficult even if the ground can handle HY/Normal?

thanks...

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

JP so do you recommend using HY/Difficult even if the ground can handle HY/Normal?

thanks...

Not really, the ground conditions determine the approach but you need to be aware some targets respond better in certain modes regardless of ground. Normal is by far the deepest punching mode on the GPZ if the conditions allow. My approach would be to go over certain sections that are productive again to cover off on any targets that might have been missed due to the target signature falling into a dead zone.

JP

PS as an aside the volume of Normal sounds a lot higher than the difficult modes, so if you are primarily using Normal then it will pay to lift the Target Volume a few points to compensate so things sound more natural to the ear. Going from one to the other can be confusing especially Normal to Difficult making you feel half deaf.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1