Xp Orx Vdi Numbers

Fskafish

Does anyone know if there is a numbers to target vdi chart anywhere for the xp orx? I test mine with different targets but would like to see a chart confirming numbers.

I don't have or use a chart. With different coils and frequencies available with the ORX, I have found that even with ID normalization always on as a factory preset, the numbers will still change a little with higher frequencies and deeper targets that are low to mid conductors are up averaged quite a bit.

Using the white HF 9" coil from 14 to 17 kHz on surface to 4" targets: square tabs are 60 to 62, US Jefferson nickels are 63 to 65, the latest rounded pull tabs are 67 to 69, beaver tail ring pull tabs are 72 to 74, US zinc pennies are 84-87, shot and liter screw caps are 88-90, US clad dimes and copper Memorial pennies are 90 to 93, US clad quarters are 94 to 95.  Crown bottle caps jump from 0 to 99 depending on their brand and condition with some of them giving iron tones on the tip of the coil.  Most of the gold jewelry I have found has been between 35 and 79.

Jeff

Also what pin pointer are you guys using with yer orx? If im in coin deep and turn on my garret carrot and especially my pro find 35 the orx spazzes out, even in coin fast i get sum interference when i turn on either of the 2 pin pointers..im assuming the xp pin pointers do not have that effect on the orx?

I'm using the XP MI-6 pinpointer. I really like it.

Jeff

8 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Jeff

I’ve used the Garrett’s and the old minelab profind  25  which I liked , but when I got the XP Mi6 with the mode, I only want to use that. 
    I got an Mi6 with my original Orx, then bought an Mi4 bc I really rather the detector stays on while I’m pinpointing so if I don’t find the target quickly. I can easily run the coil over the hole again. I just ordered a second Mi4 for my equinox gearbag/backpack. 

I can say that the Mi4 will cause the Orx to hum if the coil and Mi4 get too close to one another- like within under 2 feet. Otherwise the is no interference 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Jeff

Same here. Great complement to the ORX and Deus.

Ive been looking to get an xp MI-6 for my orx but try tellin my wife i need another pin pointer lol...