Rnb Pwr-nox Power Pack For Equinox

Just wondering if anyone has tried these? Sound and look like they are amazing and can be used with other devices that are charged by usb.

Screenshot_20200302-132400_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20200302-132407_eBay.jpg

• Like 1

Haven't tried it but the mounting scheme is brilliant, one end attaches to the armrest fastner and the other clips onto the shaft.  From what I can tell from written descriptions of it, it is about 5000 mAH (equivalent to the Equinox internal battery, supposedly), but curiously, no one is publishing the actual numbers.  RNB Innovations doesn't even show it on their website.  I have sent them an email inquiry to verify the capacity in actual mAH numbers. 

That being said, I have a few concerns.  First of all, the price is pretty steep for a 5000 mAH power bank.  Even ruggedized, water resistant 5000 mAH power banks can be bought for less than half the ~$43US MAP.  Larger capacity (and lighter) 10 to 15K ruggedized mAH packs with multiple ports can be bought and can be attached to the shaft with velcro pouches at about the same price point.   Not clear how water resistant the package is for rainy conditions or splashing (even when not using it for charging, can't tell if the ports are sealed and it would be a PIA to have to remove it for a passing rain shower).  It is obviously not submersible.  I like the flexibility of using it for more than charging the Equinox.  Wish it had more than one output port or a bi-directional USB PD port, though.  One-way Micro USB charging and lack of a USB-C port is pretty "old school" at this point.

So take that into consideration if you are planning to carry this for sale on your site or as a purchase.

• Like 1

Some good points Chase. I'm gonna try one. Looks like a good product. Yes I can get them if anyone else wants to try them out. 

• Like 1