Alaska Snow

Will all the snow help in getting more nuggets in Alaska this summer?  It seems a good thing that Dig It was in Arizona this winter.

2020 Iditarod: Most Alaska Snowfall in 21 Years Could Make for Sloshy Sled Dog Race

https://www.onlinegambling.com/news/2020-iditarod-alaska-sled-dog-race-aliy-zirkle/

• Haha 1

currently +18 snowing heavily with 36 inches on the ground with 12 more expected in Wasilla Alaska its been a real cold winter its been in the -40s in Fairbanks area all month hasn't gotten up to freezing for more than :ph34r:90 days   

every one take care doug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Best wishes for a safe race to all that attend.

More snow usually just means a later spring and so more days before a person can get out prospecting. Snow melt means high water which is usually bad news for dredgers. I can’t think of any reason why more snow would make me a happy prospector were I still in Alaska, with the sole exception of it possibly aiding those with winter overland travel permits.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I've had to fly home a couple times this winter, each time it was absolutely Beautiful !!!!!! But I have to admit besides the desert beating me up detecting, you just have to love temps in the 70's...……..

14 hours ago, Dig It said:

I've had to fly home a couple times this winter, each time it was absolutely Beautiful !!!!!! But I have to admit besides the desert beating me up detecting, you just have to love temps in the 70's...……..

What do you mean beating you up?