Missed One

1 hour ago, flakmagnet said:

Heck Walker, he's probably on his second one...

😀Flak, as a matter of fact, I am on my second one, but only because the warranty expired on the first unit; there was nothing wrong with it.

7 minutes ago, Rob Allison said:

Hey Guys,

I know both guys, Lunk and Walker, both great friends and some of the best metal detectorists I have met in the last 25 years.  Congrats on the deep one Lunk, those always seem to turn out nice if they are gold.  The GPZ 7000 is an amazing detector for small gold and large gold at depth.  Also, the GPZ does wonders on gold that is crystalline in nature or specimens. 

Wishing you much more success!

Rob

Thanks amigo, much appreciated!  So true; after all this time swinging the Zed, I still marvel at its capabilities...such an amazing piece of technology. Shoot me a PM if you can find time for a hunt, it's been too long!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lunk said:
9 hours ago, DigsAlot said:

Extra Deep, to be exact.🙂

I’m with you Lunk. That has been a secret of mine for a long time. There is some stuff happening there that is quite amazing when you put the time in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob Allison said:

I know both guys, Lunk and Walker, both great friends and some of the best metal detectorists I have met in the last 25 years. 

Hey Rob, you my friend, are one of the best Detectorist I have ever seen. You have helped me find several pounds. Thanks so much for your Friendship!

• Like 2

Nice find you got there, and I know that you are ready to go find his big brother so all I can say is good luck.

• Thanks 1

Beautiful find, and congratulations on going back with a different focus, which in this case, made all the difference.

Plus, I hope your return trips (with an increased focus) to the same area produce some more nice gold for you as well.

All the best,

Lanny

• Thanks 1

Lunk's nugget is even prettier in-hand then the photos reveal. He and a companion stopped by my booth at the Phoenix GPAA Show and showed me the bauble. Sweet! HH Jim

• Like 2

Thanks Jim, we had a great time talking gold and detectors with you! Also ran into a fellow forum member at the show,  Don71, who regaled us with some great gold stories of his own.

• 4 weeks later...

Beautiful nugget Lunk. Nice job. Congrats.