Vanquish Coils Not Sold Separately?

I got to wondering what a small coil for the Vanquish sold for. And found no dealers selling any Vanquish coils at all. A couple have placeholders as if they are anticipating coils, but that would just be forward thinking at work.

I notice the spec sheets and manual do not mention accessory coils. Coils are not listed as an item with a part number on the Minelab Parts website. They do show on the main Minelab website but it's pretty vague as to if you can actually expect to buy one.

We all know Minelab has been limiting accessory coils as part of a "compartmentalizing" strategy that keeps it's units in distinct "boxes" so that one Minelab model undermines another as little as possible. I wonder if this has been taken to the final end game of such a strategy, where the coils are part of why you buy a certain model. Each Vanquish model has a successively larger coil, which inherently adds a little depth between models that would otherwise have identical performance. And what if the only way to get a small coil for a Vanquish was to buy the Pro Pack? I am not saying this is the official strategy but if it is I can see how a marketing person might love it.

So here is my scavenger hunt assignment for you all. Can anyone find a Vanquish coil for sale with a Minelab part number and price? Or any reference on Minelabs site or in their literature that says one might expect to buy accessory coils?

minelab-vanquish-540-pro-pack.jpg
Minelab Vanquish 540 Pro Pack

• Like 1

Good on you Steve, I was wondering the same thing after saw Simon's posted video. Just checked their site they list them as accessories but no price, they ask you to reference your local dealer. The V8 - V10 - V12  Are listed, Maybe they want only store front businesses to be able to get the coil for you, and if they sold the machine to you. Even if they are proprietary to the machine, It could be a strategy to eliminate online sales to help support dealers. Dealers could be complaining about loosing out to the online market. Just my two cents. 

1 hour ago, dogodog said:

, It could be a strategy to eliminate online sales to help support dealers. Dealers could be complaining about loosing out to the online market. 

If that was the case, they shouldn't have made the dealers wait behind Dicks and Cabelas to get Vanquish inventory. KCo is just now fulfilling December "pre-orders" for Vanquish, while Dicks has has had the Vanquish in stock since at least January.

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

it appears they're in stock at ML in OZ

That's good to hear. I guess I'm getting paranoid since I have given up hope of ever seeing an official Minelab small coil for the GPZ 7000 or any more coils for the Equinox.

8 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I guess I'm getting paranoid since I have given up hope of ever seeing an official Minelab small coil for the GPZ 7000 or any more coils for the Equinox.

I'm sure I'm not the first to wonder about the following:

Minelab decided not to produce more than 2 coils for their flagship GPZ7000, nor allow an independent company to build one.  Eventually an independent aftermarket company figured out how to do that without approval, and appears to be successful (both technically and financially) in their attempt.

Minelab came out with a low priced Multi-IQ detector which in most ways is a watered down Equinox.  But they decided to produce a completely new set of coils for it which are, as released (and annointed by the almighty), incompatible.  How long will it take a resourceful 3rd party to short circuit the built-in incompatibility and modify the Vanquish coils to work on the Equinox?

In Central Europe there are coils for Vanquish available for sale ... coil price is:

V8 = 104 euro.

V10 = 127 euro   

V12 = 138.50 euro

• Like 1

I bought two of the V-540 Pro Packs and don't really need the V1-10 coil.  HOWEVER, I do want to order two lower rods for the vanquish, if I can find a USA Dealer who has them available.  I like to keep some extra coils ready-to-swap on a spare lower rod.  If anyone knows who has them, let me know.  Thanks.

Monte

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Monte said:

I bought two of the V-540 Pro Packs and don't really need the V1-10 coil.  HOWEVER, I do want to order two lower rods for the vanquish, if I can find a USA Dealer who has them available.  I like to keep some extra coils ready-to-swap on a spare lower rod.  If anyone knows who has them, let me know.  Thanks.

Monte

Since you can only swing one detector at a time and you have two V540's why not put one of the small coils on one of the two 540 rods you already have?  

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Since you can only swing one detector at a time and you have two V540's why not put one of the small coils on one of the two 540 rods you already have?  

That is exactly what I did, keeping the 540 w/9X12 at-the-ready to grab for wide-open / low-target sites, and my regular-travel V-540 with the 5X8 DD on my back seat with two other detector.  However, I don't like to mess around when out afield swapping coils on and off the lower rods.  So I keep my extra coils ready for a quick-change, already on a spare lower-ron.  They are in my Accessory Coil Tote in case I need them.  If I am using one 540 and I let a friend or family member use the 2nd device, but they  want to use the same coil I am using, then coil changes are quick-and-easy.  No chance for lost bolts or washers, especially by someone less experienced.

Monte