Is Beach Detecting Just Easier?

Well, as the results of events and circumstances mostly out of my control and seeing my young 2 year old son throw some tantrums just because I won't follow him to his room I've come to the conclusion that impatience may be my biggest liability when it comes to nugget hunting.  I'm going to make a sincere effort in the future to patiently hunt a location for a couple of hours and if I don't like it then patiently go hunt another location!  haha

I think it is possible to detect with patience and not spend all day in one bad spot.  The attitude of patience can be used cruising or gridding if I'm not anxious.

• Like 1

Well Mitchell, you did seem to rush all over the place when you were down here. But I guess that is understandable when you only have limited time.

• Like 1

Reg, when I was there I hunted at least 3 days in each area I went to.  Some days I drove back to Bendigo to stay because my hotels were there but I got out early enough to be detecting within an hour of sunrise.

The last days I was with Adam I followed his schedule and it was not much different than mine had been until we met up.

You may not know but I went back one day with that map you made for me and spent that day detecting there even tho I spent the night in Maryborough.  That first day you dropped me off it was wet and I was still jet lagged.  It was a beautiful day when I went back.  I avoided a couple of other detectorists while there.

Where I should have gone was above the parking area rather than below as you told me on my exit trip.

I'll have a beach post tomorrow.  Just an odd thing I found in the dry sand.  Nothing much is being brought up with lack of wave energy.

I'm in a holding pattern on gold hunting.  There is a slight chance I could go out this Friday and swing for a couple of hours for nuggets.

Well Mitchell, some don't seem to have the 'luck' and others have been 'kissed on the member by a fairy'.

There always will be some who could fall into a tank full of breasts, and come up sucking their thumb.

• Haha 6

Reg, I'm sure most of us haven't thought about it in just that way…you have a way with words. Your humor is appreciated along with some arresting mental images...:laugh:

• Like 1

Let me just say Reg that you told me that you are now not very keen on detecting the public forests and goldfields of Victoria so you probably don't compare them to a tank any more.  I think you have some private tanks!

I would say using your terminology that the beach has certainly been my tank for many years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"I think you have some private tanks".......... Sssshhhhhhh. Neither you nor Beatty can keep a secret.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Reg Wilson said:

Well Mitchell, some don't seem to have the 'luck' and others have been 'kissed on the member by a fairy'.

There always will be some who could fall into a tank full of breasts, and come up sucking their thumb.

Reg that is the best laugh I’ve had all week! Too funny!