Eq Pin Pointing Number?

For me at the beach the PP button is worthless.  By the time you hit the PP button, I have the target out of the sand. 

Besides it appears [to me] the PP function has a broader signal than regular detection. It is one of those rare "F" scores for a detector.  

Dave

20 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Basically meaningless once you engage PP because as Jeff says, it doesn't change once latched even if you move on to another target while PP is engaged.  Especially true if the TID is jumping around which it usually does because I engage PP only when the coil is off to the side of the target and if it's changed due to an adjacent target or falsing off the end of a ferrous target....

Exactly my experience.  If you are one of the lucky ones (ha, ha) who hunts sites with only good targets and no trash then maybe the TID and depth readings shown after engaging pinpoint are accurate and meaningful.

I use both the depth indicator and the built-in pinpoint function frequently.  But I also use other methods for both pinpointing and depth (actually signal strength) estimation.  AFAIC, the more information the better.