Look Guys I found this site by accident and I am not sure if they are serious or taking the P,

So can one of you translate this huge amount of confusion tell me what you think,lol. 

there are many stories there, one after the other referring to UK Detecting and US Detecting, is this for real or not ??

John.

http://thedailydetectorist.com/

Crickey, you`d reckon they are having a lend of us, but in this crazy world who knows???

Crickey, you`d reckon they are having a lend of us, but in this crazy world who knows???

So I am not going mad then Aye ??

I did read that right Aye?? , I think it is someone having a lend of us, for a minute I though I had been smoking something prohibited :wub:  :lol:  :D  :D

Dont believe anything that site prints,everything that it prints is pure hoax and just made up.

• Like 2

The truth is much of the content in museums was originally found/discovered by treasure seekers, relic hunters and prospectors. The way it often plays out is; A unique and valuable find was secured by a seeker/prospector and ended up eventually being sold to a museum( often below appraised value) or to a collector (usually someone very rich) but it often doesn't  end there. This valuable piece may sit in a private collection(sometimes changing hands) for however many years until the current owner decides that he is in need of a substantial tax write off. Curators are contacted, the value assessed(usually hyper-assessed but the government turns a blind eye because its being "given" to a museum) and the donation made. So now that beautiful ten pound nugget or piece of historical antiquity has been set for all of humanity to appreciate. So what about the guy who spent thousands of hours researching and digging his but off to secure this find from the ravages of mother nature.....He's got my total respect and I could care less what ignorant people think anyway

• Like 3

I agree, Since the Birth of modern detectors there has been dozens of hoards found if not hundreds and as a result of those hoards many Roman and Celtic sites have been found and protected and creating jobs for Arkies all over the World yet with all the History that has been saved by detectorists  and the amount of respect we get has not changed, we are still slandered and put down because of our hobby because of a select few, I am now at the stage where I am thinking about giving up detecting and just detecting for natural Gold, 

As detectorists we have created Thousands of jobs for Arkies in the past 25 or so years ALL of which would have never been found without detectorists, If all these Ancient sites are so important, then why are the Arkies not banging on peoples doors asking for permission to detect and learn to use these machines and buying them out of their money in the same way it takes us months to earn to buy them or pay them off, Yet we have to do all this and then hand it all over to them meaning the sites, and once a site has been declared An Ancient monument it is then off limits to Detectorists for ever,

I am at the stage where if I find something like Ancient ruins I just forget about it and find somewhere else because I do not want the hassle and risk loosing the site to the Arkies and I have even had Farmers Tell me If I find anything to keep it to my self and tell no one because they do not want Arkies going and digging up their land and ruining their crops etc,

The Farmers are extremely nice people that I deal with and there is no way would I abuse their trust,

john

• Like 2

Dont believe anything that site prints,everything that it prints is pure hoax and just made up.

What is the motivation of the writer?  Has he been crossed or has he crossed someone in the past with such an attitude?