Hi all, hope everyone is ready for dredging . I have a 2" Keene dredge, with the hard floats. Dose anyone how much air to put in the floats? Don't want to blow them up, but need them to float good. Any help would be good, I tried to look on line but could not find how much pressure to put in them.  Thanks  Dean

If they are "hard" floats, I wouldn't think you would have to put any air in them?  I never did in many years of dredging.....

• Like 1

those are rubber floats, black as I recall. Hard floats are made of marlex plastic and don't need air. I trashed mine and got Marlex hard plastic  floats from a place in Oregon instead.Worry free.

If they are the black semi-inflatable floats inflate until firm and no more. Overinflating could blow the valve out. Another way to gauge is that when inflated properly they fit the curve of the frame perfectly.

I think some of the hard gray floats have valves that are to allow you to deal with either elevation changes or cold water deforming the floats by adding or releasing a little air.

• Like 1

I never put air in mine and they had plenty of buoyancy. 

More than a pound or two and you could pop them!

good luck👍

Thanks all, These are the Marlex floats , not the black rubber ones. I just didn't know if they were to have air or not.  They float ok, just thinking, that sometimes get me in trouble. Thanks  Dean

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By PG-Prospecting
      Hey everyone!  
      Its been a while since i posted last.  Recently i did a comparison video of the Proline and Keene full size 4 inch dredges.  It think it is a great resource for those looking to buy a dredge in the near future.  I go through each component and talk about my reasoning and though process behind why one is preferred over the other.  This is definitely not a video for fanboys of either brand lol.  The main point of it is to get potential dredge buyers thinking about there intended use of the dredge and how various features on either one may be better for there intended use.  
      Hope yall enjoy and please leave any feed back.  Discussions are the reason im here !

• By principedeleon
      Hello everyone on here.  
      Im looking on upgrading my Subbie sluice box into a more efficient one.  
      I have been looking into ideas of what others been doing on here and any suggestion of how should i design a larger Gold nugget trap. 
      I see most sluice boxes with tiny riffles and i could just imagen a larger nugget go run straight out the back.  
      I tested my sluice with a almost 300 gram copper nugget and i lost it.  
      Now we are trying to upgrade the sluice because where we dredge we could find larger nuggets.  
      Im thinking of placing a section with taller riffles like in the picture with the rails only going half way or 3/4 of the sluice and leaving the same size riffles or making it bit larger at the end of the box for the larger nuggets. 

• By KrisDeVo
      Been a long time guys... Found an old 8" dredge im thinking of bringing back to life. Curious if anyone recognizes this make/model of dredge. Owner says it has keene pumps and thinks maybe tecumseh motors but not sure. Have a couple of pics but wish I took more. Motors were in a locked cabin so I didnt get to see them yet. Planning on picking this up in a couple of weeks. Will be a long trip to get. If anyone has any info it would be much appreciated. Thanks

• By phrunt
      These guys do some really good gold dredging videos.  They have a Youtube channel all about it but this is their latest video that they've made after we came out of lockdown in NZ.  The water would be pretty damn cold as lockdown took us towards winter!
      They find some pretty good gold!  You'll see them smashing out the rock with rock hammers to free up nuggets hidden in the rock.  A fair bit to learn from their videos.
    • By Jim_Alaska
      I am posting this here since there are folks on this forum from Arizona. I was wondering if anyone might have information like rules, regulations or possibly links to which agencies regulate and permit suction dredging. I know, there is not much water in AZ,  but there must be places that a person might find gold in streams.