1881 P $10 Gold Found

And for clarification sake:   One of the "$5's" that I counted (in my "eight") was actually an 1829 British Sovereign gold coin.   Found at an east-to-west migration stopping spot .  It is the equivalent of a USA $5 gold.  And was found in the context of gold-rush era east-to-west migration spot finds.  Ie.: Mexican reales, super-early seateds, etc.....

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

On 3/11/2020 at 3:08 PM, Tom_in_CA said:

Hey guys, I haven't done a show & tell on this particular forum yet.  But a few friends I know  here aren't necessarily members or readers of some of the other forums.   So here is my latest trophy show & tell.  Got this @ last Saturday, on a hunt with Brian "Cal Cobra".  An 1881 P $10 gold.   This is my 16th gold coin of my career so far.   Brian also got an old coin from this trip, but .... we'll let him chime in with his 🙂

This site has, so far, given up a Spanish reale, an 1829 bust dime, some 1800's foreign coins, an 1853 seated quarter, gold rush buckles, etc...   And oodles and oodles of period "whatzitz" that keep us on the edge of our seats.   All I can say about the location is:  "In California"  🙂20200309_100255.thumb.jpg.47e94e4ce3f4a0e61cefa5d756671620.jpg20200309_100322.thumb.jpg.7b4a92328a98f0a6ccf1dd15349ea89f.jpg

Daaang Tom! 
That’s AMAZING! I’m still trying to find my first gold coin and I’ve been detecting since 86’!

Gorgeous coin!

HH! Aaron 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2020 at 3:01 PM, Dances With Doves said:

You earned all those coins.  Have you ever heard of anyone ever finding a fractional California gold coin.That would be a tough  target. That would be a coin for the nox to find in park2 or field 2 modes or the gold modes. 

I have heard of several CA private mint coins being found .  But I don't recall any fractionals off the top of my head.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Wow! It pays to get out an hunt!