Nokta/Makro Tmd-101

nokta-makro-tmd-101-metal-detector.jpg
Nokta/Makro TMD-101 metal detector

OK, this is kind of cool. The main target market is utility and police departments and such, but I think there are lots of other people who might like a simplified version of the Nokta/Makro Anfibio 14.

The Nokta/Makro TMD-101 is 14 kHz, fully submersible (10 feet), with built in rechargeable battery and wireless headphone capability (proprietary). The main difference between this detector and the Anfibio 14 is a simplified control set and a really simple display that personally I think is just great.

The controls are just Mode (two choices, all metal non-motion or two tone ferrous/non-ferrous disc), a sensitivity control, and a volume control. The unit also has a frequency shift function. The TMD-101 is in ground tracking at all times for ease of operation.

The Anfibio 14 sells for $679 and the TMD-101 for $594

nokta-makro-tmd-101-lcd-meter-display.jpg
Nokta/Makro TMD-101 display and controls

The TMD-101 has two search modes. A monotone static non-motion all metal mode for maximum depth. This mode will offer as much depth as is possible for a VLF to deliver, but has no discrimination and due to the non-motion aspect only suitable for hunting relatively small areas. Constant manual updating of the preset threshold is generally required when using non-motion modes.

The Dynamic Mode is a two tone discrimination mode. Ferrous items give a low tone and the meter deflects to the left. Non-ferrous gives a high tone and the meter deflects to the right. Interestingly enough they use a prospecting type icon for the non-ferrous indication, and I was thinking this would be a pretty neat VLF gold prospecting unit. But good for anyone wanting basic ferrous/non-ferrous discrimination. This may be a sleeper relic detector. Nokta/Makro Info Page

nokta-makro-tmd-101-display-controls.jpg
nokta-makro-tmd-101-guide-1.jpg
nokta-makro-tmd-101-guide-2.jpg
Nokta/Makro TMD-101 Quick Guide

nokta-makro-tmd-101-specifications.jpg

nokta-makro-tmd-101-included items-plus-accessories.jpg
Nokta/Makro TMD-101 metal detector included items and available accessories

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1

On 3/11/2020 at 9:05 PM, phrunt said:

I must say I love the factory coil options Nokta give.   If they made this in higher frequency it could almost be a Nokta Gold Monster 🙂

Yeah, the display is very Gold Monsterish as well as the controls and full time ground tracking. Bump the frequency up and you are there, but waterproof and with more coils. They could go to 61 kHz and use Gold Kruzer coils. Or just put this display and controls on the Gold Kruzer.

If there was only one thing I could wish for on this detector it would be the ability to adjust the ferrous break point. But they are going for simplicity, so I get it.

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

Nokta Gold Monster

Thinking the same thing, very Gold Monsterish.  

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

61 kHz

Would be good.  That little 7.5" X 4" coil would be a ripper   👍

23 hours ago, phrunt said:

I must say I love the factory coil options Nokta give.   If they made this in higher frequency it could almost be a Nokta Gold Monster 🙂

Yes, that was my thought when Nokta first advised about this unit. Even at 14 kHz though, with the 5" or 7" elliptical I bet it would still be pretty hot on small gold, same as the Kruzers and Anfibio. Most Nokta Makro machines have a pretty raw/unfiltered audio in the all-metal modes, which gives them very good sensitivity. I know I tested the Impact in 20 kHz with the 10x5" coil, vs the Gold Kruzer with 7x4" coil, and the Impact was only slightly behind down to quite small gold. Also the Fors Gold+ with the 5" coil behaved a lot more like a 30-40 kHz machine than what you'd expect from a 19 kHz unit. 

• Like 2