Want To Be On The Gold Rush Show? Apply Here!

I just got this in the mail today:

Hello,

The makers of Gold Rush on the Discovery Channel are looking for gold miners. Do you think you have what it takes to operate heavy equipment, fix mechanical breakdowns and find gold!

…Or do you know someone who does?

Please apply if you …

• have 2 years previous mining experience (preferably gold)
• Or have at least 2 years employment operating heavy equipment (such as Loaders, Excavators and Dozers)
• Or are a heavy equipment mechanic

Please email the following information to: miners@raw.co.uk

• Name
• D.O.B
• Phone number
• Address
• How many years’ employed as a Heavy Equipment Operator
• How many years’ experience placer gold mining
• Why you would be an asset to a gold mining crew
• A recent photograph
• A Resume

Please help us spread the word about this opportunity by forwarding this email to anyone in the gold mining industry you think might be great for the job.

Thanks,

Gemma and Rebecca
RAW TV, Producers of Gold Rush

Third Floor, 13 – 21 Curtain Road, London EC2A 3LT
UK Company Reg.  4305751
VAT: 788 4624 73

post-1-0-66947300-1387308338_thumb.jpg

I have chatted with Rebbeca, she is a hoot and definatly understands Todd is a.......well lets just say he has issues. 

Probably more an effort to stir up interest in watching the show than actually wanting people to apply. The effort made is real minimal. I've not seen them really add anyone new.

Years ago, I heard and interview of Red Skelton (a comedian from the 40s-60s) where he said that when he'd come to a town to do a show, he'd call up all the bars and clubs in that town and have them page for Red Skelton. He swore it helped him sell tickets because people heard his name. There are many tricks to show business.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I should send this to Fred to see what he says about it..

This summer Discovery had a crew checking out some "hot ground" outside of Kotzebue. They may be looking for a crew to send there. Perhaps they want to add a crew or drop one of the present three,  Bob

While in Nome this past summer there were film crews everywhere trying to come up with new angles for new shows..even talked with a few myself. But here I am, didn't make the cut..............and never heard of any new shows!!!

Turns out this was meant for Parkers camp at Haines.. since he's going to be in the Klondike they need professional miners to run Parkers camp.  I guess John isn't going to do it anymore.

• 4 years later...

Hi, My name is Edward from las Vegas Nevada. I am a heavy equipment operator, screen plant crusher manager and a Finish grade blade hand. I am interested in a job gold mining job with the parker crew or any crew that are hiring heavy equipment operators.   I am ready to travel to Alaska right now. Please feel free to contact me at 702-340-0609.Thank you

EDWARD NEW RESUME.docx

• 3 weeks later...