Sterling Silver Religious Pendant And Old Bullet

Busy learning the Multi Kruzer and been picking up some nice stuff that was missed. Silver ear ring was from local park as I was looking for gold ear ring a lady had lost the other day.

Today I found an old bullet, mid/late 1800's was about a foot deep. Running the MKK at 14khz 4 tone and just kicked up the disc to 15 and gain to 95. Amazing how deep that machine goes!

The beat up quarter is 80's I think, also pretty deep for some reason.

Prize for the day was the Sterling St. Christopher Protect Us pendant. I'm not a religious but almost seems like a sign of some sorts in these days. The pendant was pretty shallow in hard pack gravel path.

Machine works really well for relic hunting in the woods. The smaller coil with incredible depth is perfect for these parts. So far the 14khz seems to the best frequency for coins and relics. The 19 khz is excellent in 3 tone mode and shallow trashy park hunting. I found not much difference in depth between 5 and 14 khz yet but find the vdi a little vague in 5.

IMG_0923.JPG

• Like 5

Nice finds, hope you find the ladies earring she lost.

• Like 1

Nice !!!!    When you crank up the gain the MK is amazingly deep. Good job. Practice makes perfect.

• Like 1

You've been doing so well lately with the Tejon and AT/Pro.  It's going to be interesting to see if your 'new toy' ratchets up the finds.  So far, so good!

• Like 1

My AT Pro is aging, so I was looking at the different machines and ended up with the MKK because the coil options, s handle and recovery speed. I almost pulled the trigger on the Nox but the 11" coil would be tough to navigate in much of the patches I hit and has no concentric coil. I looked at the Deus and Orx but neither are truly waterproof and also coil choices limited.

The Tejon works great but the 10x12 is a horror show with bottle caps since there is no iron audio and it is also fairly weak on deep silver. I still use the Tejon in really trashy parks with the concentric as I can just tune out those caps.

Of the machines I have the Tejon has the smoothest audio, ATP 2nd. The MKK takes some getting used to and bit of learning the audio nuances. That 7x11 coil on the MKK when using 2 tone, 4 tone and deep mode rival the depth on the ATP with the Nel Big. That simply blows me away as it opens up areas I couldn't effectively hit like the old foundations and between undergrowth and trees. That bulled was in the 12" mark. I think the MKK was overshadowed by the Amphibio with larger coil. Definitely a sleeper machine as I suspected and an excellent relic machine.

I figured out that the deeper modes it is easy to kill the chatter you may get by simply upping the discrim. Seems it chatters on the iron and mineralization so very easy to quiet the  unit down.

One thing I'm not crazy about is the battery life, days outing you can easily run it down and need to recharge compared to the ATP with an RNB that gets close to 40 hours!

Thanks!

• Like 3

How many hours are you getting on the battery? I'm getting about 10 to 12 hours on mine. I also turn my back light off and limit my use of the pinpointer.

• Like 1

I think I'm getting the same but like to keep a full charge before I head out. Headphones last a while though.

I stopped using my Minelab Pro Find 35 with it because it just drives the MKK crazy at 14khz. My old Whites Bullseye works fine. Actually like it better because I put a toggle switch on it and there is no 2-3 sec calibration to go through that gets annoying if your coin shooting because your constantly turning it on and off.

Am thinking of the external battery pack but that could be an issue if I get the waterproof headphones because they use the same port.

• Like 1

I was thinking of the battery pack too, Lately my carrot is reacting to the MK, but I also have the nokta pinpointer which works well but not a fan of the top buttons. I guess that I could get used to it. Found a couple of goodies today.

• Like 1

The carrot may react in certain frequencies in certain modes. The ProFind reacts in only 14khz and in the high depth modes: 2 tone, 4 tone and deep mode. Those modes push the machine and it is more susceptible to emi. The old Bullseye doesn't affect the MMK in any of the modes, just lucky on that.

Post the finds you got.