Old Metal Plate And 2 Cent

Was poking around some woods, found this 2 cent 1864 in some pretty heavy iron and this metal plate from something near a very old cellar hole. Think the foundation dates to the 1700's but was occupied through 1900's. Lots of iron, tin sheets and heavy brush so was tough to navigate. I can't seem to find anything about the company. Says Charles A. Miller Co. Maybe from a folding chair or something??

CCF9180AE87A.JPG

• Like 7

Great find and wish you more luck like that on your next hunt.

I will ask a friend if he knows what that company used to make as he is into the antiques more than I am anymore.

• Like 1

Did a little research for your folding chair tag. Turns out its for kind of a chair, but not the kind your thinking of. I believe this came from an early toilet seat or toilet. I think the company was out of Sturgis Michigan. Great find!! Old company tags are fun to research. 

• Like 2

Good research! I wish the brush wasn't so thick there, almost impossible to move through. I bet there is more there as I found a heap of old broken bottles.

Some spots I hunt, I wish I had a 2 inch coil. Saplings, Vines and Multiflora Rose (hate that stuff).  I'm going to try your set up's to see if they work out in my ground. Keep the fun stuff coming!!

• Like 1

It could be from a sewing machine, sounds much better than a potty seat hehe. I do like the odd finds like machine plates, old skeleton keys etc more than the coins too.

Trade ya couple 2 cent's Paul for some of those gold Mofats you guys got :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dogodog said:

Did a little research for your folding chair tag.

Actually that tag was from a sewing machine, the tags for the seats were smaller and not riveted to the seat.

The winner is sewing machine, nice find Kac as those tags are very hard to find.

• Like 1