Old Metal Plate And 2 Cent

Kac, I pulled this from a long ago e-bay sale. Mr. miller has another patent #825921 for a toilet tank circa. 1904  Unfortunately researching patents are quite cumbersome, I happened on the above patent number from an old trade book, You can do a quick search on the us patent office by patent number. I pulled the below ad from thea.com when I was searching the name and interlocking seat tag. 

Vintage or Antique Oak commode. Toilet seat. Tag on back reads"Charles A. Miller Co. Sturgis Mich. Interlocking Seat Patented" I purchased this at an estate auction. The owner told me it was removed from the Lake McDonald Lodge in Glacier Park. I can't confirm this, But the auction was only 25 mile from Glacier Park. It was on the original ceramic pot. Which I still have. The seat is in good useable condition. Very nice"comfortable" carved seat. Original brass mounting hardware. Seat has slight split were original. Mount was installed on left side(see pictures) But is still very solid. Mounting bolts are 5 3/8" with small adjustment. Bottom seat is 17" from. Center of mounts to front and 15 1/2" wide. Look over pictures to determine condition for yourself. ask questions if your not sure.

• Like 1

Thanks for all that research. I hit the are again, this time one the old paths towards the foundations and found a small buckle in stamped copper with a couple of clovers on it and further towards the lake was nice Seated Liberty. Iron is so thick the MMK gets spikes. If I left iron disc to 0 the machine has an almost constant iron audio on! Never seen so much before.

IMG_0930.JPG

• Like 2

your doing great with the MK,  Maybe its a broach not a buckle?

Think your right on the broach, found similar larger hat pins with floral patterns, some copper one in silver. MMK takes some getting used to, machine runs hot and has a lot of power. I wish the Gen mode had same depth as 2 tone. One thing on the AT Max is the all metal mode has incredible depth and pretty good VDI if you work the machine on the slower side. I find the MMK easier to tame and still keep the performance up. I may cheat and take my Tejon through that area and see what I may have missed hehe.

14 hours ago, dogodog said:

Kac, I pulled this from a long ago e-bay sale. Mr. miller has another patent #825921 for a toilet tank circa. 1904 

I believe you are correct and my friend is wrong, as I was finally able to enlarge the photo today and see the plate better.

Kac, I am sorry for the misinformation  from my earlier post and I should have looked closer before I posted.

• Like 1

Regardless what exactly it came from the approximate date means a lot. Early 1900's means that the 1700's structure was occupied to at least that period. Explains the variations of flat nails and round nails.

Further down the hill towards the lake is what I think used to be a field but so riddled with vines and undergrowth it is almost impossible to swing. The broach was found where the photo was taken, the seated was in the pines near the shore. I saw dig holes from some others that have been there but doubt they have the persistence I do as I see the trash they leave behind hehe.

cellar hole.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Back poking around the old cellar hole and finding few bits but no coins this run.

Nice old iron ornamental piece but too bad part is missing, small toy car wheel maybe from a tin toy, old tinned metal plate with 700 and a tin top to a bottle with some cork still inside. Has J.W. S Ltd on bottom and some other lettering. Perhaps from a med bottle or something. Of course looking anything up on the internet these days is far more work than digging through brush and rocks.

This run I took the AT Pro I got back from repairs and testing out the 9x12 concentric. Machine runs very quiet even over iron. New firmware in it the VDI is pretty solid and goes right to the audio drop off. Still not a super deep machine but runs very smooth. Old firmware my machine ran pretty hot this one seems much tamer.

IMG_0959.JPG

IMG_0961.JPG

IMG_0962.JPG

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kac said:

Has J.W. S Ltd on bottom and some other lettering. Perhaps from a med bottle or something. Of course looking anything up on the internet these days is far more work than digging through brush and rocks.

Took me about a minute to find this.  Unfortunately for you the rest of it is missing.  :laugh:

JWS_Ltd.jpg.f94b8d8cc4ee49721d8e576eaca3566c.jpg

• Like 1

There is a mound with bottles on other side of the foundation but I have my doubts it is complete. I might start digging those up and have a looksee.

Fantastic research, had me stumped.

4 minutes ago, kac said:

Fantastic research, had me stumped.

Thanks, but not really.  Besides, I wanted to beat PimentoUK to the punch.  Unlikely he even needed to look it up.

• Haha 1