Makro Multi Kruzer Sp Mode Vdi Chart

If anyone is interested, here is how some of the targets listed in the chart's vdi #'s change based on frequency rather than the same set of vdi #'s across all freqencies. This is invoked by holding the - and + arrows at the same time.  Some may find this handy when running in parks or high trash areas and need a wider spread on low conductors in the 19khz.

MMK SP Mode VDI Chart.jpg

• Like 5

Kac, Here's some of my findings that I came up with.

0?ui=2&ik=327273901f&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1661875066740103354&th=17102a91761f58ba&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8CRgiRNLaR3KOvoAbfoH7Yue5o2_05zWzPGip0bFf7LQud7zDj_wEdf-qzXRLeJ1fqVdlxiR-LWZHYkZ3vX0WMYY1jTAoUL7S_cxix4dyJG4kPA3b4wqMFmIE&disp=emb

I had to throw the coal in there, That bleep'n rock drives me crazy

2 hours ago, dogodog said:

Kac, Here's some of my findings that I came up with.

0?ui=2&ik=327273901f&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1661875066740103354&th=17102a91761f58ba&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ8CRgiRNLaR3KOvoAbfoH7Yue5o2_05zWzPGip0bFf7LQud7zDj_wEdf-qzXRLeJ1fqVdlxiR-LWZHYkZ3vX0WMYY1jTAoUL7S_cxix4dyJG4kPA3b4wqMFmIE&disp=emb

I had to throw the coal in there, That bleep'n rock drives me crazy

Is that supposed to be a link or image above, DD?  It is showing up as nothing but a random character string on my browser, for some reason.

Having relic detected PA a lot, I know where you are coming from with coal and coke hits.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 11:33 AM, kac said:

If anyone is interested, here is how some of the targets listed in the chart's vdi #'s change based on frequency rather than the same set of vdi #'s across all freqencies. This is invoked by holding the - and + arrows at the same time.

I'm confused (what else is new?).  Are you saying that using the +/- buttons when in a frequencey isn't the same as actually switching to a different frequency?

Hi,

I'm confused too!!!!!! I can't get past the title. I owned a Multi Kruzer for about 3 months but I have no clue what SP Mode is??????? Do you mean Standard=Sd IDs as opposed to Normalized=No IDs mode?

Jeff

Sorry chase, I checked it when I was signed out and it shows up on the post for me and also shows in your response. hope this is different.

Nokta Makro Multi Kruzer 9 inch coil
3 Tone Mode with Normalized ID scale

Iron Nails Shell Case Brass Buckle Foil Pull Tabs Wheat Penny Clad penny Clad Dime Clad Quarter Nickle Silver Dime Silver Ring Gold Ring 14k Gold Coin Lead Coal
4 - 10 42 - 46 70 - 72 14 - 19 30 -59 73 - 76 66 - 68 75 - 79 84 - 88 27 - 28 79 - 81 71 - 74 30 - 32 37 - 39 44 - 50 78 - 99

These tone ID's represent clay soil types in south eastern Pennsylvania. All tones can vary greatly depending on size and proximity to the surface.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I'm confused (what else is new?).  Are you saying that using the +/- buttons when in a frequencey isn't the same as actually switching to a different frequency?

Pressing the -- and+ buttons simultaneously switches from Normalized (14 kHz) numerical IDs to Standard numerical target IDs if I remember right. So the IDs are really different in different frequencies. This was a major problem for me even using Normalized IDs in higher mineralization and on deeper targets and is the main reason I sold my Multi Kruzer.

Jeff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dogodog said:

Sorry chase, I checked it when I was signed out and it shows up on the post for me and also shows in your response. hope this is different.

Nokta Makro Multi Kruzer 9 inch coil
3 Tone Mode with Normalized ID scale

Iron Nails Shell Case Brass Buckle Foil Pull Tabs Wheat Penny Clad penny Clad Dime Clad Quarter Nickle Silver Dime Silver Ring Gold Ring 14k Gold Coin Lead Coal
4 - 10 42 - 46 70 - 72 14 - 19 30 -59 73 - 76 66 - 68 75 - 79 84 - 88 27 - 28 79 - 81 71 - 74 30 - 32 37 - 39 44 - 50 78 - 99

These tone ID's represent clay soil types in south eastern Pennsylvania. All tones can vary greatly depending on size and proximity to the surface.

Yeah, I can see that new table.  Mobile Chrome issue I guess.  Thanks for reposting it.

In regular 14khz and 5khz normal vdi is probably fine and easier to get used to. Normal mode has the same numbers in all frequencies and is on by default. I suggest when learning the machine and jumping between frequencies it is easier to get used to one set of numbers.

If I am hunting in high trash areas like parks and fields in 19khz I found effective to swap to sp mode that shows the natural bias of the vdi on low conductors giving more of a number spread between trash and treasure. It is just an option and I thought it would be handy to have a reference of the difference.

Relic hunting I usually use 2 tone which is iron audio and vco for non ferous metals. I find that very effective for the areas I hit.

I have been using tacking on some of the areas and put my isat to 5 in 3 tone mode. This seems to give me consistent target numbers. As an example, one area in particular has buried baseball fields on one end and wet land on the other so the ground varies quite a bit.

I do like having that option on the detector in the case of selectable frequency machines. I think that option is very well thought out.

• Like 1