Jp’s Audio Visual Gold Thread

In the hopes of continuing to keep things interesting I have some audio files I would like to share of the GPZ 7000. It will give you an idea of the incredibly subtle way the audio can respond to “iffy” targets. 

It is amazing how important the three senses are with metal detecting, sound, sight and touch.🙈🙉🙊 When you rely on one sense only I feel disjointed and disconnected. However the material has merit and will give detector operators an insight into what it is I’m looking for especially in regards to having a good range of motion.

The target is gold, I put pictures of it up a few days ago. The image used in the video is an indication of the width of the swing used to manifest the target properly. The key is to listen through the unimportant information for the repeatable smooth rising and falling peak of the signal train hidden in the audio. Ignore the discordant dross, what I call the yammer, it is superfluous to the activity but necessary when you work the way I do. Detector is set up with conservative settings such as High Yield/Difficult, Sensitivity 9, Volume 8, Semi Auto GB when found then locked in Manual, Threshold 27, Threshold Pitch 40, Ground Smoothing OFF, Audio Smoothing OFF. 

Who can tell me at what Time Stamp the target signal starts?🤔

JP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bitching - great term.  No matter how much I noise cancel or attempt to apply audio smoothing I just can’t seem to reduce the bitching at my house some days   🤣

Audio files are certainly different JP.  Take away the visual of the coil swinging and it makes you listen a bit more intently.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

JP, I have been running almost  those same settings on a patch here in CA Motherload, but I max  sensitivity to 19. At the lower settings I just dont seem to hear the deep targets.  Do you ever run your sensitivity up higher in Hy/Difficult? Just wondering why you prefer the lower setting. Thanks!