Jp’s Audio Visual Gold Thread

I detected in a constant high velocity wind today…I would never have heard those warbles. In the usual quiet? Yes. Sound stamp 5,7,9,11 and 13 and a fade out.

That one audio file teaches more than most verbal descriptions could ever do, a fantastic bit of knowledge for one click.

• Like 1

Chasing those kinds of signals, how do you not end up with a boot scrape every 10 inches?

I’ve asked Steve to put the Audio/Visual material into this new thread and will address questions etc related to that subject here. I have a heap of material lined up as well as some ideas for future projects. I intend to use concepts and material gathering during detecting sessions like this as a form of maintaining good mental health over the coming weeks so watch this space.

If people are a little shy to ask directly on the forum your welcome to PM and I will answer in the thread if it is necessary. But please the threads are all about dialogue and involvement, I won’t always answer every question directly so some posts will just be left as comments but it’s still good to see peoples thought processes and ideas. Just remember though posts need to be about the subject at hand, if you want to share more detailed information then its very easy to start a thread of your own.

JP 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, WesD said:

JP, I have been running almost  those same settings on a patch here in CA Motherload, but I max  sensitivity to 19. At the lower settings I just dont seem to hear the deep targets.  Do you ever run your sensitivity up higher in Hy/Difficult? Just wondering why you prefer the lower setting. Thanks!

WesD the Difficult modes naturally have a lot of sensitivity built into the timing to lift the signal response, the key advantage is the reduction in ground signal noise but usually you will notice a bit more unevenness (slightly jittering) to the threshold compared to Normal especially in General Difficult. If the gold is small and tending to be shallow then I will go as high as 12 to bring the signal obviousness up a bit, but I find this type of detecting fatiguing to be honest. 

FP for the GPZ 7000 is 9, that is a lot of sensitivity in reality and something I spent a lot of time on during development, however it is directly linked to the use of Audio Smoothing Off, if you apply AS filtering then higher numbers will seem better or more sedate. When you apply Audio Smoothing deep faint targets will barely break through the threshold, the tiny bit that remains after filtering needs a lot of sensitivity added to try and lift the response to recognisable levels. Filtering also narrows the lead in and tail out parts of the signal.

JP

• Like 3

OK time to throw a cat amongst the pigeons, the next audio grab is of the same in-situ target only difference being the coil, settings were exactly the same. 😇 I’m not going to discuss the finer details just let people listen to the differences between an iffy target signal and a more obvious response when things come into alignment. You will also notice a lot of channel switching blending going on in this clip, this is a sure sign of a nugget in undisturbed ground. The lead in and tail out is really obvious in the audio. I’ve also include the first clip in the post so people can go to and fro without having to wander all over forum.

JP

• Like 5

For me, Audio "A" is a definite target.   Audio "B", I may not boot scrape.  Eventually, I hope you share which coil was used on Audio"B" for reference.  Thank you JP.

Brian.

Wow, audio B is for grown-ups. It's, of course, easier to hear because we know it's there in the file, but out in the field, that would take the degree of concentration you have been preaching for years. The file actually seems to almost mimic some kinds of EMI or ground noise. I do like the softness of the sound as compared to what you call the "harsher" ferrous tones. I love going to school on this stuff.

Thank you.

• Like 1