Did The Vx3 Vanish ?

The V3 & VX3 are/were living on borrowed time. The main processor, wireless module, and color display have all been obsoleted by their manufacturers. Probably the VX3 was killed first since the V3 is more profitable.

• Like 5

Be better to replace the wireless module with Bluetooth but if the processor and display are gone also no real point. Looks like I’d better hang on to my V3i. I ditched a lot of machines but had to keep the V3i as I doubt we will ever see anything quite like it ever again. A detector nerds wet dream if there ever was one, with a stunningly vibrant display. :smile:

• Like 7

That's the way I feel about my V3i, Steve.  Never going to get rid of it.  They have proven to be quite reliable, so hopefully none of those unobtanium parts will ever need replacing.  Plus I baby mine anyway.  

It's the Pinnacle of complex but well thought out detector design.  The engineers actually had faith in the end users to appreciate and learn it's features.  Thank you White's engineers for giving us nerds such a detector.

When I just want to go out and find stuff, I grab my MXT.  But when i want to experiment and play around with different settings to learn more about how detectors actually work, I grab my V3i.  It's like a piece of high-end test equipment in the form of a metal detector.

Too bad the VX3 was discontinued, but it makes sense why.  It has the same manufacturing costs but sells for a lot less, so smaller profit margin.  

But the real shame is that Geotech wasn't able to stay to finish his work on the V4.  To me, that is the saddest "what could have been" in detector design history.

• Like 4

The V3 is one of my favorite designs. By the time the V3i rolled out we had identified ways to improve both depth & tracking but both required hardware redesign. Plus had some really cool things we were gonna put in for the V4, there is a patent somewhere that alludes to some of this. But, alas, it was not to be.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Thank you all for your time and effort to help.

Knowing that I'll keep my VX3 for sure as it became my grab and go machine.

May be there is a V3i added in the future. (a man can never have enough detectors 😉 )

• Like 2

3 hours ago, locator said:

Thank you all for your time and effort to help.

Knowing that I'll keep my VX3 for sure as it became my grab and go machine.

May be there is a V3i added in the future. (a man can never have enough detectors 😉 )

“A man can never have enough detectors”..........obviously you haven’t met my wife 😳

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, pinpointa said:

Well for me i would not sell my v3i . It is an absolute dream of a detector once you master to program it to your liking. Mine is the original v3 updated to the v3i. bought in 2009.

And here’s me swinging my XL Pro...........and loving it 👍

• Like 2