Did The Vx3 Vanish ?

I wish I hadn't heard that.   Its very depressing.   

The V3 release was historic.   It was "World Fair" class.    The vibrant display, the ability to see multi-frequency results simultaneously, the ability to discriminate by correlating across frequencies.   The ability to completely customize MY metal detector.    It was like the future was now and was only going to get better.   I thought, "Now we will see more color displays!"    I thought, "Now we will see more frequency based discrimination!".   I thought, "Now we will see Density!"   

Only we didn't get any of that.  The V3/V3i was a far as it got.   The rest of the mfg's politely stayed in their lanes.   The new guys politely copied what was already out there.   And the users base stayed predictably dumb. 

My hope is that someone at Whites keeps the vision alive. 

I'm going to put everything else on hold and start raising the money needed to go buy a brand new V3i before they go extinct.  

HH

Mike 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mike Hillis said:

White's

II'm going to put everything else on hold and start raising the money needed to go buy a brand new V3i before they go extinct.  

HH

JustMike 

I'm about at the point tht I think this is what someone ought to save $$$ for, if they want to see anything of interest in the future come out of Sweet Home.   Just a thought or opinion, in case you have a nest egg in hiding.

Monte

• 2 weeks later...

Spectra V3 ... the detector is like a "Rolls-Royce ".....quality metal ... and... high quality piece of Analog and Digital detection technology and embedded engineering thinking ..., the color display of this detector has never surpassed ...

Choose the right coil for the detector and Spectra can truly .. excellently and deeply detect ...

The weight of the detector ... with a lithium acu-pack and a 6x10 "Sniper coil I feel that this detector is well balanced and feels relatively lightweight .. really lightweight ....

On 13 "and 18" coil ... on straight shaft  .... again metal box  in the back ..still provides relatively good balance even when detected with relatively heavy coils ... 700-1050 grams ...

Keeping the original ... the possibility of software update of the detector as the was planned this detector would become very good....polished  ..." diamond "..

I agree with Mike ... that's why I have 2 x whites  Spectra ... V3... and ...V3i ...

..I still believe in Whites can come up with a new Spectra .. Because the world and detection technology also goes further ....

I even expect it ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spectra V3 -18"DD excelerator II coil..+TX Bost...

1687896489_november1iphone5S2019006.thumb.JPG.bdb00e32277c4d2d2c25593bbacec0b6.JPG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

Spectra V3 ... the detector is like a Rolls-Royce .....quality metal ... l and... high quality piece of analog and digital detection technology and embedded engineering thinking ..., the color display of this detector has never surpassed ...
  Choose the right coil for the detector and Spectra can truly .. excellently and deeply detect ...

Never had a whites........but they are supposed to be very good machines in the right hand......

RR

• Like 1

Rivers rat....

Spectra V3 is designed as a multi-frequency detector with a multi-frequency that has a smaller range than the Spectra mode operating on only one frequency ...

From a practical point of view, such a multi-frequency, even if it is not as deep as possible on a slightly mineralized soil. ..and here the advantage of being able to work very well on a wide range of terrain mineralization .. while having a balanced detection range on all kinds of conductivity of the object .. even in relatively heavily mineralized terrain ... its main advantage ...

However, the maximum detection range can be increased quite simply by using a larger size coil such as a standard 10 "coil, for example, a 12x10" sef coil achieves good results ... and a 12 "or 13" coil gives you even better depth.

if the terrain allows you to also use TX bost .... which can, for example, compensate the depth difference Sef 12x10 "coil versus 13" round coil - that's the difference in range on a very deep a medium coin size target .. about 3-4 cm ...

Spectra also becomes a deep detector in multi-frequency.

Spectra has a lot of settings ,,,, but in practice use and change a maximum of 3-4 settings according to the type of detection and terrain ..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spectra V3 on 13 "coil ... reaches the prerequisites for deep detector ..

IMG_20200329_181024.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Haven't been on in a while. The news here made me a bit ill. Of all the detectors that have come and gone in my arsenal, and there's been too many to count, the one that has stay put, and my only remaining American manufactured machine is my V3i. Next to the fact that the V4 never came to fruition this is the saddest news I've heard in a bit. I have a bit of an obesssion over this platform that continues to this day. I'm going to have to keep my eye out of parts machines now just in case. Not long ago I had a couple original V3s as well. Then life through some curve balls. Now though is the perfect time for me to squirrel things away to ensure I have a fully functioning unit for as long as possible. As far as I'm concerned, it's still my favorite and a good showing in the world of multifrequency designs.

• Like 3