Cancun Finds Of All Sorts Including 30+ Rings

On 3/17/2020 at 9:20 PM, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

Great Trip!  So I assume you were snorkeling or submerged with your Equinoxes?  GaryC/Oregon Coast

My detector is submerged more than most other hunters do.  I like 2 to 4 feet depth of  water to do most of my hunting.

On 3/17/2020 at 10:43 PM, oldmancoyote1 said:

Awesome.  Was the beach facing the open ocean or toward the mainland?  If open ocean, north, south, or east?  I'm trying to get info on wave climate here.  That is, was high surf necessary to yield such a hall, or was lower surf enough to separate the finds from the owners?

Thanks.

I prefer rougher water and waves for most hunting but after a few days of getting tosses around, it is nice for calmer waters.  Since I am on a trip, I don't worry about the tides and or lower surf... I just hunt 8 to 10 hours a day.  To me, rough water causes more treasures to get lost.  I watched hundreds of people one day in about 3 to 5' of water do body surfing, wave riding and just enjoying getting their bodies tossed around.  So many people have no clue the power of a wave.  Girls get their tops and or bottoms ripped off, guys loosing glasses/cell phones and some of them have no clue.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Mike Hillis said:

I really like those ring boxes you are using,  Those are great showcases for great rings....Where can a person get those?

I found them at a flea market years ago.  Now on occasion if possible, when I find and return a ring, I get it cleaned and then present it back the owner in one of these cases.  The fancier it looks, the happier they are.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

How much I miss days like that!

It reminds me some virgin like places back in 2015😭...

Well Done!

20150428_130810.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1