Beautiful pieces that you have found, one day you will have to show me how to find something as nice as that.

Thanks for sharing the pic's.

Congrats on the beautiful find!

Further proof, the GM is a dynamite detector, certainly in the right areas.

While suffering from great depth ability, the GM’s weight and sensitivity enables you to confidently “prospect” the harder to reach areas without the backache.  The GM rivals the GPZ in finding the smallest of nuggets, but without some of the larger detector’s penalties.

My wish was to know a bit more (from Gerry or MH) about what the conditions were that MH was detecting in.  His specimen finds are terrific, especially for his first outing.  Hopefully he can share a bit more info (w/o revealing his location) about what conditions, soil, hillside, or veins he was working.

Thanks for sharing.

Knowlledge + technology = Au

Congrats MH!

EPIC!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By geof_junk
      I refer to the majority. Most of mine were quite ,distinct from ground or loud junk signal. Does that mean if I was going slow I would be better to sped up a bit. I know beginner go too fast but speeding up a bit would be more productive for those that have gain experience, I know what works for me or am I wrong. Let hear your view.
    • By MissRockhound
      I need help identifying this rock please. I found this around Louisiana a few weeks back. To me it looks like raw Platinum or an ore maybe. I’m not really good at this yet haha. It’s not magnetic at all, it’s weight is 3.7 grams, and it’s streak is too hard to get, as it only scratches the plate. So possibly even a meteorite? Idk  heh. Thanks you!!

• By MissRockhound
      Please help me identify this if possible😸. 
      I found this while Hounding around Louisiana. At first I thought it might be a meteorite but then I started thinking it’s melted metal haha. I’m not sure though. It is slightly magnetic and it’s streak is too hard on some sides and just scratches the plate. BUT other sides leave a brownish gold and gray streak. It’s odd. I might need to clean it and do the streak test again. It’s weight is 19.0grams. Thank you so much!

• By Gerry in Idaho
      I like detecting for a variety of gold and really enjoy finding the stuff many higher end detectors can't see.  I don't know yet, but feel the extra capabilities of the GPX-6000 will open up some of these areas I hunt with the VLF's to get even more of the gold and at greater depths or in worse soil conditions.  As long as I am getting more gold, I'm happy.  Will the new GPX-6000 see this kind of gold or act like all other PI's and the ZED and not see at all?
      I recently recovered this 4.2 gram speci with the EQ-800 while running the new CoilTek NOX 15" round.  My goal was to find a piece of gold with the 15" and I met that goal.
      Part of some other testing back at base proved why I still like to take 2 detector technologies in the field.  This particular beauty was found right in the middle of a GPZ-7000 grid area, along with 4 others while using different coils on the EQ-800.  All 5 pieces specimens have visible gold and a couple how quite a bit, but to the point.
      The reason I found them in that gridded area, is because the GPZ-7000 does not respond or on a couple right near 1" and that's it.  I teach folks this in my classes, as well as try to educate others on the goods and the bads of different detectors and technologies.  Sometimes I get detectorists who are good hunters with their detectors and have success, tell me I'm full of BS and their detector will find it.
      I made a post on my FB (Gerry McMullen) and shared a pic of the find along with the true comments of, the GPZ will not see it.  Between the private messages and or public posts, I was immediately informed by a few of BS and even told how I must not know the GPZ-7000.  One well known GP-3500 hunter even said he guaranteed his 3500 would hear it.  
      I know gold detectors and I know how to find gold with a variety of gold machines.  No I am not the best, but I most certainly can hold my own and I learn to adapt really fast to a new area.  Traveling to different states and countries to hunt for and find many different kinds of gold has helped elevate my detector knowledge and skill of many models of detectors and the differing Au rocks I have collected. 
      So here is hoping the GPX-6000 with it's GeoSensing can respond to this little beauty.  If it does, I know of some areas I'll be swinging the 6000.  If it is like the GP-3500, the GPX-5000 and the GPZ-7000 and misses it, that fine too, I know what they can't see and realize it,  I will also know where not to use the 6000.
      Bottom line for everyone.  Please learn the kinds of gold your detector is good at finding and what it is not, so you aren't wasting time  in those areas.  Or be sure you have at least 2 different detector technologies.

• By Lunk
      Well I'm laying over in northern Nevada for some detecting before heading back to Idaho and my summer job, and decided to go revisit an old dink patch with the GPZ 7000 this afternoon. Since I've hit this place pretty hard, I figured I better use a higher sensitivity setting to see if it would light up some bits that were missed last time using a lower sensitivity that helped keep the alkali rich ground feedback under control. Needless to say, I had to move the coil painfully slow over the really noisy areas, but the extra sensitivity started working its magic right away, as I got a faint but repeatable little wobble. Digging down about 3 inches or so revealed the first little bit of yellow. 🙂

Soon there was another signal a few yards upslope; another shiny golden bit, this time a little deeper.

I couldn't help but wonder at this point how much deeper the new GPX 6000 will be able to snag dinks like these, and how many the Zed is leaving behind. 🤔 Guess I'll find out when I finally get mine. Just then I was awakened from my wonderings by a sharp response from the Zed; sounding pretty shallow, the tiny target was out from under a bush with just a boot scrape. And I mean tiny!

One more golden goodie sitting on bedrock ended a splendid, sunny afternoon in the goldfields.

Total weight of todays finds, zero point six of a gram.
      Good luck out there!