X-coils 26" Spiral

15 hours ago, Elijah said:

Damn, that thing is HUGE!!  I hope you don't have any silver fillings or you're going to be spinning in circles trying to pinpoint a target.  Forget wearing a metal belt, sunglasses or anything.  Heck, you better just go naked.

And weight-wise …  that thing should come with wheels or a hot air balloon attached.

But yeah … still looks kinda cool 😝

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thats a total 'beast' of a coil,i would have thought that it was not the best coil for coin hunting more akin to say deep relic/hoard hunting,but as i have never used one i am probably wrong in my assumption,but in theory humongous large coils either on a VLF or PI have never seen too be the best choice for smaller coin size finds......but going by the makers and user this coil goes against everything that detectorists have read.

Well to the makers on producing a extra array of coils for both the GPX and GPZ.

7 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I've near cleaned out an area of junk and coins  here where I've found hundreds of coins, I plan to hit it next with my GPX and a big coil and see what I missed.

But how will you not end up digging the entire field up?  DD with Iron Reject?  ( I apologise if that is not the correct terms for a GPX - never had one).   Also, will a DD and Iron Reject just bring you back to the abilities of the Equinox?   I have no idea, just putting it out there.  But also getting off topic  🤓😎

31 minutes ago, phrunt said:

people use the GPX on beaches with good success too

Yes, but easier to dig, refill and cover your tracks I suppose.  I've only had 2 attempts at beach detecting - jeez it was nice compared to goldfields ground  😄

33 minutes ago, phrunt said:

15" spiral X-coil for my GPX

Would be just about perfect for deep coins you would think.  Will a GPX run in iron reject with a mono or only a DD?  

51 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I've near cleaned out an area of junk and coins  here where I've found hundreds of coins, I plan to hit it next with my GPX and a big coil and see what I missed.

Try a small coil Simon.  I used my 5000 on the beach in 2010 for about a year before I got my Explorer SE Pro.  I dug everything but you began to learn the sounds and truthfully I did some skipping.

• Like 1