X-coils 26" Spiral

18 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Try a small coil Simon.

Hi Mitchel.  Is this for seperation?  

Yes, that would help but you need to control the amount of information you are gathering.  There is a lot of power in even a small PI coil so the 'fringe' can affect your searching.  You don't want more of the soil than necessary also.  If you look at the beach PIs they tend to have the 11-12 inch coils because in wet beach sand you can't dig everything unless you have one of the huge scoops.

I used the 11" Commander coil most often on the beach.  There are some good timings for those units in the same way you can choose park, field or beach.

Another good coil for the GPX is the 8" coil.  That can be fun and productive.

• Like 1

I can feel a new thread coming on.   Best settings and coils for coin hunting with a GPX.  I won't start it as I don't own one 🙃

There are people still using them so I think the threads are probably in the coins or Minelab forums.

2 hours ago, Northeast said:

Yes, but easier to dig, refill and cover your tracks I suppose.  I've only had 2 attempts at beach detecting - jeez it was nice compared to goldfields ground  😄

Would be just about perfect for deep coins you would think.  Will a GPX run in iron reject with a mono or only a DD?  

Iron reject only works with the DD coil/or a concentric.

• Thanks 1

Hello guys, i am work only with mono coil, a lot of coins i search at the big depth. I am listen good signal at the mono coil, and clean my ground for junk with the VLF, then i beat ground with all sizes of spiral mono coil, because in my region i have any sizes of relic

IMG_20200512_170643_copy_1019x842.jpg

IMG_20200512_170705_copy_1244x807.jpg

• Like 4

A deep hitting coil would be nice for use with some of the work I am doing as a volunteer archaeologist at a WWII internment camp.  We’ve been excavating part of it, and they don’t have the funds for GPR and stuff like that, so using something like this may be helpful for mapping out deeper features  before doing any ground distance.  Some areas have had feet of wind blown sand and dirt covering up the original ground surface, so finding where that happened without having to dig it all out would be useful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GotAU? said:

A deep hitting coil would be nice for use with some of the work I am doing as a volunteer archaeologist at a WWII internment camp.  We’ve been excavating part of it, and they don’t have the funds for GPR and stuff like that, so using something like this may be helpful for mapping out deeper features  before doing any ground distance.  Some areas have had feet of wind blown sand and dirt covering up the original ground surface, so finding where that happened without having to dig it all out would be useful.

This monster and deeper coil in the World can beat all your ground surface.