It was a rather strange day today ......broad spectrum of finds and dates of coins.  BUT .........I got a tiny 9ct gold stud earring in black sand mix. A nice old penny, the other penny is just too far gone to see a date. Another coin for the scrap. Hubby ran off with the stainless steel hose clip thingys......guess some junk is useful eh? 

IMG_20032020_195214_(1024_x_768_pixel).jpg

IMG_20032020_200007_(1024_x_768_pixel).jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Glad to see you finding some nice coins and that stud is a really nice find.

You can always use the clamps around the house for car repairs so that is not bad either.

Good luck on you next hunt.

On 3/20/2020 at 3:45 AM, Coilpower said:

It was a rather strange day today ......broad spectrum of finds and dates of coins.  BUT .........I got a tiny 9ct gold stud earring in black sand mix. A nice old penny, the other penny is just too far gone to see a date. Another coin for the scrap. Hubby ran off with the stainless steel hose clip thingys......guess some junk is useful eh? 

IMG_20032020_195214_(1024_x_768_pixel).jpg

IMG_20032020_200007_(1024_x_768_pixel).jpg

Hi Teresa! 
Very impressive the TARSACCI is able to find that little piece of gold in your black mineralized sand like that! 
Hope your doing well, and staying healthy!

HH! Aaron

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By calabash digger
      Found this with Equinox 800 on a early site..

• By Bash
      After a bit of a drought of finding cool coins with the Equinox, I found another V nickel detecting in the neighbors parking strip in between thunderstorms.  It was pretty worn and pitted, and not of any numismatic value, so I cleaned it up a bit.

• By Againstmywill
      Went to the same location where I had 42 quarters. I used the same settings, but this time I swung the Samurai sword 15" coil. I had a bit more time today (11:20-1:20), but the humidity was really oppressive. No mosquitoes this time because they don't even want to be out in the Florida heat!
      I believe 55 quarters is a first for me in 2 hours. If I were not the one going up and down all those times, I would not believe these coins all came from 2 hours of detecting. Most were within the first few inches, so they were a quick dig. With all the stuff dug, that is an average of about 1 item a minute. I think I know what I can save up for...knee replacemnts!
      I left a scad of dimes in the ground, so there are still plenty of targets for my friend. 😁
      The bracelet was a STRONG 9-10. It looked amazing coming out of the ground, but it was not silver. There was also an iPod Nano, but my son snagged it in hopes of cleaning it up.
      Now, time to focus on the jewelry!

• By Dan(NM)
      I had a rather awesome hunt today, scored a barber grand slam and a dime trifecta... Started the day hunting after a 6 1/2 drive to my old stomping grounds. First site gave up the barbers, rosie and a wheat.....
      Ending the day by doing a test hunt at  a backup spot, looks like both are going to produce very nicely. Scored 2 wheats and the merc in 30 minutes....
      Found the barbers with the Equinox 800 and the others with the CTX....

My wife kicked me outta the house for 8 days....so...I did some research close to where I grew up and arrived today for nothing but digging, eating and sleeping

First spot was across from the old railroad depot next to a dried up man made lake from back in the day.....

Second hunt was an old city park.....

• By mn90403
      Our beaches in southern California have been shut down for a number of weeks.  I did manage to sneak in a couple of nighttime hunts but they were nothing to write home about as they say.  Even without the metal detecting pressure the conditions just weren't right.  Some of that changed this week and the beaches were also opened on Wednesday.  I couldn't go that day but I did go on Thursday in the daylight!  haha  I had some 'moderate' success at one of my favorite beaches.  There was a bit of a slope to it but no real cut.  The tide was not very low but I could detect the top of the hill, avoiding a few people.

I managed one junk ring, a cheap bracelet, a lock and key and some salvage scraps missed when a sailboat was yanked off the beach a few months back.  There was also the Australian coin!
      It was a good enough hunt to encourage me to go back today.  And the wind waves had changed the shore for the better.  It was a bit steeper.  I did the best I could with the incoming tide and the extra number of people trying to social distance.  It took away some of my grid areas so I had to modify my hunt.  Within the first 15 minutes I got a nice silver ring.

It wasn't high and it wasn't low on the hill.  I made a note of it of course but kept to my pattern for this beach which produces with a grid.  You can find rings mixed in with coins.  You keep a tight pattern and you will get directly over your target if it is there.  Funny thing was that was not how I got this ring.  I heard it 'off coil' in my fringe at the bottom of my turn and had to seek it out to then see the 28 which made me think it was a quarter but it is much better.  It is a little small for me but it is 10g/.925.
      Most of the coins were found up and out of the now rising tide but I didn't have much time so I wanted to go back to that heavy ring line and see if there was more.  This brought me down to where the people walking area was against the water.  I left the perpendicular grid for a parallel sweep.  It wasn't long before I had a couple more rings!

Both of them are stainless steel and of no value but I found them the same way.  They caught my attention 'off coil' and then I dug down the 5-7 inches to get them.  Once I got over them they had numbers like 10 or 16 with my settings at 23/6/50/no iron bias.
      I reversed myself on the beach to keep my pattern and skipped a few pennies (20) to not waste time as my zone was about to be under water and I could lose things in the surf.  Near the end of the session I got my last ring.  

It is a 10k/2g but I'll take it.
      There was one additional silver chain section and some junk jewelry pieces.  I hope there is more when I go back!  You never know with a beach but I had to go.

It was fun.
      Mitchel
    • By rod-pa
      i am having fun experimenting with Equinox settings, but ever learning the tones, and feeling a bit more confident.  Late 1700s farm house with tons of modern trash gave up the 1901 Barber dime, sterling watch back, and Philadelphia & Reading railroad button.  the rings and Rosie were from a natural spring swimming area.  The 1905 Barber dime i got yesterday from a large field I have been hunting for about 7 years.  Two Barbers within 2 weeks is rare for me....then topped them all off today with this 1853 half dime.  My first one of those, and so nice to fill another slot in my Type book of dug US coins.  been a really sweet year with finding coins.   thanks for looking.  HH