This Is A Paradise! Tips For New Deus User?

Hello everyone; I read the subject and I'm confused 🙂 https://www.detectorprospector.com/magazine/steves-guides/steve-guide-gold-nugget-detectors/

Since my financial situation worsened, I sold my gpx 5000 brand device and instead bought the xp deus x35 28 rc, vs5 device. The land I work on is high mineral, arhaic places. Findings I am looking for 0.50g - 2.5g electrum coin. Is this detector enough for me? What settings would you recommend to me?

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the forum.

• Like 1

Nugget detecting and coin detecting are two different things. Serious nugget hunters value power and dig all targets including the trash. Coin hunters generally give up some depth to dig less trash by using discrimination.

So the GPX 5000 you sold was more powerful but required digging everything. The XP DEUS will get less depth but will allow you to eliminate most ferrous trash. As far as settings I would use the factory recommended settings to start with until you are more familiar with the detector. I'm sure others will chime in with more detailed suggestions. I'll probably move this post to the XP forum once replies dwindle here for more possible responses.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I'm sure others will chime in with more detailed suggestions.

I also believe that others will make comments on this, but as you have stated learning the equipment with the factory settings first is the most important process of the detector and the operator.

I am still learning my system and have almost become part of the detector and I think that at the end of this year I might begin to play with the settings more.

The way the new detectors are made with the software and updates, they have become very reliable for the users in the factory modes.

For high mineralization try Program 3 Deus Hot. The default settings are very good, 18 kHz or higher, silencer on -1 (default) or 0, 90 sensitivity if the soil conditions aren't too noisy and definitely ground balance (pumping) if you can learn how.

Electrum is a strange metal which I am not very familiar with. I know it has varying amounts of gold, silver, copper and even platinum. So, numerical target IDs and tones could be just about anywhere from 35 to 95 depending on size and depth.

The X-35 28 cm coil should easily detect a 2.5 gram stator at 16 cm or deeper. 0.5 gram stator at 8 cm. They should sound really good.

Have a look at some of Gary Blackwell's YouTube videos XP Deus Skill School.

Jeff

• Like 1

Herkese teşekkürler, sevgili dostlar.

Sanırım kulaklığı değiştireceğim. Ana kontrol altındainden çok daha sınırlı. Ayrıca bir hf bobini de alacağım.

Tdi sl; Bu dedektör paraları nasıl avlar? Mevcut dedektörüm için aksesuar almazsam. Bir tdi sl'yi mevcut dedektörümle değiştirirsem kazancım artar mı? 

• Like 3

Your welcome,

I use the WS4 headphones (Deus Lite) for relic hunting and for gold prospecting a lot. It does just fine. Program 3 Hot should work well for you without too many changes. I do not have the Deus remote controller either. The 28 cm X-35 and the 22 cm HF coil should give you similar depth with targets that are 0.5 grams or bigger. If you were hunting for smaller targets I would definitely get the HF coil.

The TDI SL will find coins. It has high conductor and low conductor discrimination. It does not have much power. Most of us here in the USA and Australia do a battery modification to make it have 14.8 volts or more. Otherwise, it is a good pulse induction detector.  

Jeff

20 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Rica ederim,

Kalıcı avcılık ve altın arama için WS4 kulaklıkları (Deus Lite) kullanıyorum. Sadece iyi. Program 3 Hot, çok fazla değişiklik yapmadan sizin için iyi çalışmalıdır. Deus uzaktan kumandam da yok. 28 cm X-35 ve 22 cm HF bobin, 0,5 gram veya daha büyük hedeflerle benzer derinlik sağlamalıdır. Eğer daha küçük hedefler peşindeyseniz kesinlikle HF serpantini alırdım.

TDI SL paralar bulacak. Yüksek iletken ve düşük iletken ayrımına sahiptir. Fazla gücü yok. ABD ve Avustralya'da çoğumuz 14,8 volt veya daha fazla olması için pil modifikasyonu yapıyoruz. Aksi takdirde, iyi bir darbe indüksiyon dedektörüdür.  

Jeff

Thank you so much Jeff

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2020 at 7:47 AM, Paris said:

Hello everyone; I read the subject and I'm confused 🙂 https://www.detectorprospector.com/magazine/steves-guides/steve-guide-gold-nugget-detectors/

Since my financial situation worsened, I sold my gpx 5000 brand device and instead bought the xp deus x35 28 rc, vs5 device. The land I work on is high mineral, arhaic places. Findings I am looking for 0.50g - 2.5g electrum coin. Is this detector enough for me? What settings would you recommend to me?

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the forum.

Hi , I have just seen your post today  . Actually I have a Deus since several years now, I have a WS4 plus a 9inches white HF coil, however I only use it for coins on low/medium mineralized soil.   If you are on high mineralized soil , may be you will have to ground balance the Deus using the remote controller.

BTW the nr3 program is DEUS FAST and not HOT as indicated by Jeff , perhaps a mistake , HOT is nr 9.   Over here everybody uses the mode nr 3 DEUS FAST because it is the most reactive and efficient on the field  , but again you have perhaps a very specific situation the rc will show you the mineralization degree of your soil ...

Otherwise the Deus is a very good coin hunter and it excels on small coins that you are describing  , it has been designed for this actually. But you have to know how to use it , for example  the running frequencies are very important .  

I agree with Jeff a medium sized coil like the 22HF would be more accurate and more sensible to small targets than the quite big 28cm X35. 

However I do not know exactly your detecting conditions , level of ground mineralization , level of iron trash so perhaps I am not the good guy to answer to this ...🙂  

• Like 3

palsynski, I really don't know how it happened that I wrote program number 3 Deus HOT.  I know better for sure. I was using an English/Turkish translator online so maybe something happened there?????? I think I remember checking the text and that mistake would have certainly caught my attention.

Version 5 allows the user to ground balance easily with the WS4 module so that is not a problem. 

I have heard nothing from the original poster since this exchange. I hope they have been able to detect some in their area and that they have had some good finds.

Jeff

• Like 1