1/4 Of A Soccer Field Hit So Far

Got an old soccer field that is next to a couple schools built in 1959, bad part is it had new loam put in back in the 70's. I was hoping for some very old coins but thinking that may not be the case. Anyways hit 1/4 of it so far and finding quite a bit of clad, 925 silver ring made in Italy, 64 silver dime and a 41 wheatie. Someone else was hitting the other end where there is tons of trash. Looked like they gave up. Been using the Multi Kruzer to get used to it and starting to learn the audio much better in 3 tone mode. Make a really nice coin shooter machine.

60651529043__0AEFB1C5-E2FE-4CF1-B9A1-C47C885425A8.JPG

• Like 4

Kac, I don't know if you noticed but the MK really hits hard on dimes or people just drop a lot of them. I stopped buy a local church today and only found a 74 quarter. Good days and bad, take them as they come. Great job on the collection of goodies!!!!!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, kac said:

64 silver dime and a 41 wheatie.

At first I thought you meant you'd found 64 silver dimes and 41 Wheat cents!  I was gonna say "what that heck are you doing wasting your time posting right now?  Get back out there!"

There have to be more oldies out there and I'm sure you'll be showing us those.  What coil are you using, which frequency, what conductivity ranges are you digging and what are you rejecting?

Oh, and were the two old coins deeper than most or just about typical?

• Like 2

So far all the coins are about 6" mark, old ones and new ones mixed on depth. Using 19kzh, 3 tone mode, gain at 90, disc at 3, isat off and sp mode for vdi so i have a good range on number within the trash. I have a feeling a good amount of the original soil had been scraped away and replaced with sod. The Kruzer really does hit silver very hard, much stronger signal than my Tejon.

Numbers, nickels hitting in the mid-low 30's, zinc pennies vary depending how beat up they are from low mid 60's to about 70, copper pennies high 70's, dimes low mid 80's softer signal, quarters in mid to high 80's. That is a pretty big spread on numbers so when you come into trash it is easy to tell what is what. I still will dig anything that has a nice signal, consistent number even if it's in the trash number, did have quite a few pencil eraser tops hehe.

I plan on covering the whole field then once the clad is out of the way will go back over it in deep mode and cherry pick. Right now just too much beeping to keep track of it all.

Do wish it was 64 silvers and 41 wheaties, if that was the case I would be posting from my phone and still out there LOL.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kac said:

I still will dig anything that has a nice signal, consistent number

Good method as I have learned so far, what did the ring show up as and was it gold or silver.

Ring is 925 but showed up fairly low at 65-67. Doing more research and seems there was 4 baseball diamonds that are buried below and has been a flooding problem so the entire north side of the field has been re-landscaped a few times. My hunch on really old coins there is looking grim. Still nailing a ton of clad though, at the halfway mark and fist full of quarters etc. Might buzz through with my Tejon, targets are pretty consistent being modern change and can slag.

Ya,  I have been just skimming over and picking out the clad that is shallow. There are a lot of targets so once thinned out I can go back over and listen better for those deeper ones.

I may be chasing nothing there as there had been flooding problems on north side of the field and the town has redone it several times over the years. Very good possibility it had been scraped and back filled leaving only new stuff.

• Like 1

Close up on the 925 ring I had found. Stumped on the makers mark as the search engine seem to be getting worse. Looks like a very high end ring as the craftsmanship is really good. All the top is made of links that are hand pinned!

Maybe someone has seen that mark before.

IMG_0946.JPG

Couple more passes this time with the Tejon so I could skim over all the can slag and got the usual clad, 59 nickel which is the age of the school and a nice old sterling kids ring. Has a makers mark inside I'll try to look it up.

IMG_0947.JPG

• Like 2