Do Aussies And Kiwis Know What A Club Claim Is?

We do need to know where we can detect.  Sometimes it is how you say things and inform others.  If you can't get around right now because of international flights, interstate travel and have stay at home rules are in effect then I think it can be stated.

This is a ramble and ramble back.  I can't guarantee that all posts will remain especially if someone insists on poking the bear.  When that happens we all have to run.  🤫

• Like 1

The border controls are unfortunate for the 'Grey Nomads' that would generally spend the winters getting out of Victoria and heading to warmer climates. 

From a prospecting business perspective JP is quite vulnerable as Clermont is a huge destination for the travellers and it looks like things might not go ahead there this year and certainly no interstate visitors.  Although JP might be looking forward to a winter of prospecting instead?   Hopefully online sales will help.  I'm sure Gerry, Rob and Doc will also have their struggles in the US.  I hope you can all manage to stay ahead of the financial curve and would encourage all forum members to support them where possible.  

Thankfully my frequent goldfields are very close to home and I see heading into the bush by myself as keeping within the social distancing rules.  Even if I drive 100 k's and camp in the bush by myself I really can't see an issue.   

I thought more about club claims Mitchel.  I am unsure of the actual costs here in Vic but I believe to peg a mining lease it is quite expensive.  I am not 100% sure but I think there is an environmental recovery 'bond' you have to provide upfront before any 'mining' can commence.  Even that would be prohibitive for a club to claim an area.  And then the actual cost of the claim, trying to keep others out of the area, etc.  More headaches than it would be worth I think.   

Cheers, N.E.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well we have a positive consensus, we are all going detecting....see you out there...…….

• Like 5

Keep your social distance Norvic!  I don't want you on my patch.  That would be anywhere in the northern hemisphere.  😁

• Haha 2

We see JW put the pedal to the metal and found a nice piece.  I've been looking at the weather in our deserts and the wind is over 15 mph for the next few days.  They've closed the beaches, parks and trails because no one could find a parking place!

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

They've closed the beaches, parks and trails because no one could find a parking place!

NO, they closed those places to keep the morons from ganging together....no parking=less crowds is the theory...

good luck with that

fred 

Yeah Fred, the concept of not ganging together doesn't seem to have caught on quite yet. It's starting to come tho. Hope you are doing okay.

• Like 1

Not everyone catches my sense of humor!

10 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Not everyone catches my sense of humor!

If you are talking to me, I wasn't meaning you, I was only answering Fred. Best...