Nox In Mexico For 1st Beach Use

Got a good deal on vacation package to Mexico this week so brought my new Nox 800 to use on beach and ocean. This would be my 1st time using the Nox on either beach or in water. 

Day 1

- initially tried to use the Nox fully submerged in 5ft of water in fairly calm to slightly wavy water. I only lasted 30 minutes before giving up.  Lesson learned:

* Definitely need to invest in water proof headphones. I thought with mask/snorkel and my head under water I would be able to hear (had volume set to max at 25). I could hear no sounds.  

* poor visibility also made it challenging  

- changed to hunting the beach (beach mode 1) and spent maybe 2 hours max on dry fine coral sand. I’ve only used the Nox before a few times on a lake beach with lots of black sand. 

* great detector! Stable. Was a pleasure to use. 
* Was able to find the tiniest pieces of foil or random metal size of match head several inches down with sensitive dumbed down to 18-19  

* I played around with settings and for me on this beach (1-4” fine white sugar sand on top then hard compact almost concrete like sand/dirt underneath)  I liked the lower sensitivity because I wanted  to limit picking up targets that were deeper down in the hard layer that I wasn’t going to dig. Sensitive I kept between 18-22 , recovery speed at 5. 

found a potential gold earring ( have to get home and test it) and some other kind of jewelry think that looks like silver with diamonds (probably aluminum with zirconium). Pics attached of finds (minus the abundance of foil type things I found). Beach is eerily empty for some reason 👀🤔

Will go out again and post any worthy pictures of Day 2 finds tomorrow 

3B5C457C-A5CF-4EEB-8614-AE8621871301.jpeg

A98208FA-A096-4A2E-86A4-E4F97345BBF0.jpeg

C03AB941-8EA4-4DF9-898E-37A6E6E8BE98.jpeg

• Like 7

Great hunt and looks like a great trip. Good luck and may your next hunt be better.

Beautiful place to say the least.  Still, nice recoveries.😁

So, did you do any ankle to knee deep hunting in the water?  That is one deserted beach for sure!!  Nice finds.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

No. I didn’t bring a scoop so figured it be too hard. 

headphones and scoop will be coming along on next trip. 

Did bring a carrot 🥕 very useful and made finding the targets fast and efficient 

14 minutes ago, NV AU Hunter said:

No. I didn’t bring a scoop so figured it be too hard. headphones and scoop will be coming along on next trip.

I'm surprised they don't sell scoops in the beach gift shops.  Having said that, even if they do the prices might be gouging.

• 1 month later...

what beach?-- That one earring sure looks goldy!

im ready for a trip soon!!!

It'll be almost 8 months since i took a runner.......:laugh:

Steve-- wheres my emoticon of the guy in the Aussie hat???

BOLO- ---------Norvic and Dave and goldhound, Trent  and Tremain-- could be coming any day--- watch yourself--- you never know......lolol

• 4 weeks later...