If The Vanquish Was Waterproof...

If the Vanquish was waterproof I would get one just to have the smaller coil.

19 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

If the Vanquish was waterproof I would get one just to have the smaller coil.

Unfortunately, the Vanquish isn't waterproof ... but fortunately for those who use it, that 5X8 DD make a really nice smaller to mid-sized search coil.  My 540 w/5X8 DD is one of the 'Travel team' detectors I keep in my vehicle all the time.  I don't swim, but I do look forward to a warm summer day when I'll work some freshwater sites with it.

Monte

I have to admit this has been bugging me....

D362D5C3-13A4-4B05-AC17-69E403B82AD3.jpeg

11899DC0-BB7D-45FC-83AC-AF8E35219BCD.jpeg

Waterproof up to 1 meter... wow, the coil is waterproof.

Water Resistant “with included rain cover?” So not water resistant without? Seriously? In this day and age? My 40 year old detectors were also “water resistant” when I put a bag over them.

It appears to me the folks in marketing were pushing it a bit on this one. :smile:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Personnaly I have had pbs in the rain/humidity with 2 machines up to now , an XP Golmaxx and a Xterra 705. The symptom was exactly the same for both machines , they were bugging after around 1 hour of run time in wet/very wet air, either in winter or in summer. The only solution , go back home and dry the detector.  Probably it was coming from condensation on the electronics card. Hope I wont have this issue with my Vanquish 540. 

I had a rain cover on my Goldmaxx and it did not prevent the pb. Will try the cover with the vanquish and see what happens ...