If The Vanquish Was Waterproof...

On 3/23/2020 at 4:59 PM, phrunt said:

I've had my Vanquish in the rain with no rain cover, no issues so far.  In this video they say the control pod is water resistant.

They mention it has a rain cover but my understanding from the video is the pod is water resistant... It could just be poor wording on their part or poor understanding on my part (most likely as they say with water resistant cover) but I'm running with it and have had mine in the rain often.

I don't care about waterproofing, water resistance to rain is all I'll ever need.    If the Vanquish was waterproof it would possibly be getting too close to an Equinox to keep the product lines separate.

I just watched the video. It talked about the control pod being water resistant as it was showing footage of it with the rain cover on it.

It's not water resistant...not officially, at least.

• Like 1

Yeah it's just a play on words. The video says water resistant control pod "WITH" included rain cover. Light rain might not hurt it, but any long term rain exposure will eventually find it's way into the pod without the cover.

16 hours ago, phrunt said:

I'm happy to be the guinea pig 🙂  I've been using mine in the rain and don't intend to stop.  I don't often use pinpoint or press any buttons and I would imagine that would be the most likely point of water ingress so I think I'll be ok.  The battery compartment may let some water in but I can't see that causing any issues.

Merci on the testing!

I think you're right, short-term, you'll be fine in the rain. But a small amount of moisture build up will cause damage, over time. The only question, how long will it take before this damage causes noticeable and irreversible damage?

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

I make portable underwater pi machines and playing around with Vanquish. The goal is to either waterproof existing housing or make new housing from scratch. I made universal thingy that adds vibration to pretty much to any device using headphone output. At the end it will be waterproof with vibration and rechargeable batteries through charging port.  All buttons will be magnetic.

My vibro unit works with equinox and Vanquish. Haven't tested it with other machines yet. As long as there is no background noise it will work with any device that gives sound. If anyone interested lemme know.

Have anyone else tried to waterproof Vanquish?

Yes, I'll take that too. I've been using the 6" coil a lot.

On 3/22/2020 at 2:40 PM, Rick N. MI said:

If the Vanquish was waterproof I would get one just to have the smaller coil.

If you listen to the posters that have flooded Equinox units that would lead you to believe the best practice may be to stay out of the water. In light of that, the Vanquish seems to be doing the trick long as people don't get too far near the control pod.