Mining Relic's Of The Mother Lode

Mining Relic's of the Mother Lode

There are relic's from the California Gold Rush all over the State.

The pictures in the video are from Grass Valley to Beckwourth and just about every camp or village in between.

When Gold was discovered in California in 1848 it started a mass expedition to the territory in search of great wealth.

I hope you enjoy the pictures and the video I just love visiting the Historic mining towns and sites .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice video, with what they had back then they were very good at finding and removing the gold.

Wish they would have left some of the large pieces for people today.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2020 at 9:39 PM, 2Valen said:

Nice video, with what they had back then they were very good at finding and removing the gold.

Wish they would have left some of the large pieces for people today.

Thanks for sharing.

thanks for watching and they did leave some not a lot but enough to make it worth looking !!!

Thanks for sharing that video, My wife and I have been to a lot of those places but we need to do more exploring. One can't fully appreciate the hard work and effort of the miners until you see some of those places and the size of some of the equipment they used.The transportation system back in their day was pretty basic.

Norm

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 3:55 PM, normmcq said:

Thanks for sharing that video, My wife and I have been to a lot of those places but we need to do more exploring. One can't fully appreciate the hard work and effort of the miners until you see some of those places and the size of some of the equipment they used.The transportation system back in their day was pretty basic.

Norm

That's for sure I'm amazed at some of the stuff I see back in the hills !!!!