Multi Kruzer Af-35 Coil Experiences ?

I've watched Callabash diggers video on the AF-35, running on the Anfibio, but are their differences between the Two machines that affect depth? I have recently come across some places where I've maxed out in depth. I'm finding a lot of newer coins at about 2 inches and some 1960's + coins and pull tabs at the 9 to 10 inch range. Not sure if a 60's era coin and pull tab can sink to that depth without some help. (topsoil added).  I have the 9'' concentric and the 11''x 7'' DD. I get about two inches in depth difference between the two and find myself liking the 9''over the DD. But the unmasking on the DD is a little better. I pretty much can tell if two coins are on top of each other, or two or three targets together. My question is will this coil give me the extra depth that I (think) I need, say another 3 to 4 inches? And will it perform the same unmasking ability that the other MK coils have? I know That soil conditions play a big part but I'm looking for some info from anyone who actually has used this coil on the ground and can share the good with the bad. Also this is about as large as I want to go due to weight. Any opinions will be greatly appreciated.

81CDB819-5548-4E70-8BAD-E90E4EA98C70.jpeg

Nokta/Makro 13” x 13.7” AF35 DD coil for Anfibio/Kruzer

The AF28 coil which is the standard 11" round DD coil on the Anfibio will give you a couple more inches depth compared to the standard Mulit Kruzer 7" X 11" without adding the extra weight of the AF35 coil. I've had the Anfibio and still have the Multi Kruzer. I really liked the AF28 and will get one for my Kruzer one of these days.  

• Like 1

Tom, does the MK have more power than the Amphibio if they had the same coil?

About my past experiences on big coils is they have more downsides than you may realize and often limited on where you can really benefit from them. Larger coils I have found tend to mask out easier in trashier areas, harder to ground balance, harder to navigate around obstructions, can be sensitive to EMI and in general just heavy to swing. There are cases where they work well such as matted down fields where you lose a few inches from dead grass on top before you even get to the soil, meadows that have substantial top soil depth and old fields.

I have a Nel Big, 17" wide x 15" long and it is like swinging a chihuaha on the end of a broom stick. The depth on that based off a stock coil is only about 50% and often less depending on ground conditions. I have found deep dimes with at 14" which is impressive for the AT Pro but the work swinging it is brutal.

• Like 1

Thanks Tom, I'll look into that 11'' coil. That sounds like that might do the job for me , again thanks for your insight on the two machines and their coils.

Looks like a winner Tom, I just ordered the 11'' thanks for the heads up.