Againstmywill

High Tone Happiness

Was out today using the 15" on a local softball field. Park 1, 18 sensitivity, all metal, 7 recovery speed, 0 iron bias, ground balanced.

Granted, I could have found this with my first detector, an Ace 100, but the 15" on the Equinox sure covers the ground. This ring was at most 1" deep. I knew it was either a few quarters or a silver ring. I was just thinking today as I was detecting before finding this that my silver ring count was low; I have found more gold than silver. Ironic. And no, I am not complaining.😉

IMG_20200325_112032.jpg

IMG_20200325_112042.jpg

IMG_20200325_115622.jpg

IMG_20200325_205112.jpg

IMG_20200325_205215.jpg

IMG_20200325_205129.jpg

Screenshot_20200326-131212.jpg

• Like 5

Nice chunk of silver.  Do you think there was a stone in that diagonal fissure which has detached?

22 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Nice chunk of silver.  Do you think there was a stone in that diagonal fissure which has detached?

No, I think it was made to look like a diver's flag.

Screenshot_20200325-214044.jpg

• Like 2

Is that 925 silver or white gold? Usually don't see heavy castings done in silver like that. Any marks inside?

Either way pretty nice ring. Congrats!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kac said:

Is that 925 silver or white gold?

I was wondering the same thing as I had a ring like that made from 2 tone gold, and yes when I dropped it I could hear a higher than normal tone from it. I think it was because of the way it was made, almost hollow in the top.

55 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

I was wondering the same thing as I had a ring like that made from 2 tone gold, and yes when I dropped it I could hear a higher than normal tone from it. I think it was because of the way it was made, almost hollow in the top.

Do you still have it to test the ID?

Yes I still have it and will check it with my nox 800 if that will help you.

I will first have to dig it out of the closet and will do so on Thursday.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

Yes I still have it and will check it with my nox 800 if that will help you.

I will first have to dig it out of the closet and will do so on Thursday.

That would be great. Thanks!

• Like 1

Your best bet is an acid test kit. I thought I had a white gold or junk ring and turned out to be platinum.

Kits are pretty cheap, think I paid $24 for mine and came with a handy jewelers loupe that gives me a headache. Guessing it was a leftover give away for Cracker Jacks prizes when they switched over to stickers and temporary tattoos.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By The Seeker
      I haven’t been getting out as much compared to last year.  This is my first gold for the year and first silver (1858 seated dime). I got to the beach at 5 am for low tide and surprisingly I was the only Detectorist out there.  Maybe the slight rain and the lack of sand movement kept everyone else at home.  There were almost no targets on the wet sand but somehow I managed to snag this 14k bracelet. The silver dime, Indian head and most coins were from a spot that has given up a few oldies in the past.  Good luck out there and HH.

• By Gerry in Idaho
      I recently returned from a MD’ing trip to Cancun and the 3 of us used Minelab Equinox detectors.
      Finds included 100’s of coins, probably 10+ pairs of sun glasses, with 1 of them being Ray-Bans, 2 cell phones, numerous ear rings with 1 of them being 14K gold and another was a diamond stud.  Chains, bracelets and metals, some broken and others hole.  Over 30+ rings with many sterling, a few of the modern Tungsten and Stainless wedding bands and even gold rings (both white and yellow gold).  2 rings really popped out that were both 14K gold.  One was the blue sapphire with diamonds and the other a wedding ring with a nice 1+ karats of diamonds.  Even the 1st time lady digger scored a nice 14K white gold wedding band with a couple cool sterling rings.  I managed 21 of the 30 rings so I won't complain but the amount of gold was certainly off my standards.  Pic of rings on my hand were the ones I found minus a sterling that broke when being tumbled.
      We all enjoyed the warm weather, water and experience.  The Equinox detectors performed as hoped.
      Used Beach Mode #1, GB on, open screen by pushing the Horseshoe, SENS around 17 to 19 and Threshold so I can hear it.  All other settings were FP.
      What amazes me is the gold to modern metal ratio.  The resorts I hunt used to produce more gold than modern metals and now it has flipped.  in years past, I'd come back with 15 or 20 gold rings on a weeks hunt and never a modern Stainless or Tungsten.  Now it seems I'll get more of them than I actually do the gold ones?  Well the wife still likes going down there so I might as well get used to it and realize 5, 6 and 7 Gold ring days are long gone at those places.  Guess I'll jump into a lake and follow BeechNut around as his gold ring counts are still good.

• By Joe Beechnut OBN
      Out for 5 hours, 6 gold rings, 7 silvers. Was tracking a storm crossing the midwest late last week and into the weekend. Luckily it was just the right winds and I was able to catch one very good lowtide.
      Most of the Gold was stained bad , been under many years. One very interesting gold is the band..OB three crowns then 14k, a rare early years Ostby Barton. The real question for me this hunt is I found a very small gold ring, I think it was gold, Some how and some where she is still in the Bay I believe. Think it got stuck to my glove as I was putting it in my pouch, Got it on video..just not the full shot of it going into my pouch. Had this happen before, should have been more careful. Lesson learned..  
      Over all had a great time, got workout and found treasures. The Excalibur is doing it's job and hopefully by summer we will see the "AQ" as my clean up machine. 

• By kac
      Busy learning the Multi Kruzer and been picking up some nice stuff that was missed. Silver ear ring was from local park as I was looking for gold ear ring a lady had lost the other day.
      Today I found an old bullet, mid/late 1800's was about a foot deep. Running the MKK at 14khz 4 tone and just kicked up the disc to 15 and gain to 95. Amazing how deep that machine goes!
      The beat up quarter is 80's I think, also pretty deep for some reason.
      Prize for the day was the Sterling St. Christopher Protect Us pendant. I'm not a religious but almost seems like a sign of some sorts in these days. The pendant was pretty shallow in hard pack gravel path.
      Machine works really well for relic hunting in the woods. The smaller coil with incredible depth is perfect for these parts. So far the 14khz seems to the best frequency for coins and relics. The 19 khz is excellent in 3 tone mode and shallow trashy park hunting. I found not much difference in depth between 5 and 14 khz yet but find the vdi a little vague in 5.

• By Againstmywill
      Yesterday's gold ring was found on the second dig of the day. Today's was literally the first dig of the day. It was in the grassy area where people sit and eat concession food by the fields I hunt around home. It was a 10-11 on the display, and I was using the same settings as yesterday. It is 14K. 

• By Rivers rat
      Hello to all ,after few weeks detecting only on the beach i return to the Thames river ,like an unfaithful lover full of guilt but how excited ...........forgot how light the Deus was and how different it is to dig on the Thames foreshore(i use an Hodan Pick)
      So i started with the rugby ball hard to miss then the  small silver ring followed 30min later by a gold plated.....well gutted,a thimble and 3.09 british pounds .Lots of lead and brass bits as usual.This spot has moved not eroded this time but deposited thats what i though...............i was nearly cut off by coming the tide has it has eroded next to the stairs access😅😅😅😂on a positive note it will be harder to access i think but not a problem for me .
      Ladies and gentlemen the finds:

Enjoy

RR