High Tone Happiness

Was out today using the 15" on a local softball field. Park 1, 18 sensitivity, all metal, 7 recovery speed, 0 iron bias, ground balanced.

Granted, I could have found this with my first detector, an Ace 100, but the 15" on the Equinox sure covers the ground. This ring was at most 1" deep. I knew it was either a few quarters or a silver ring. I was just thinking today as I was detecting before finding this that my silver ring count was low; I have found more gold than silver. Ironic. And no, I am not complaining.😉

IMG_20200325_112032.jpg

IMG_20200325_112042.jpg

IMG_20200325_115622.jpg

IMG_20200325_205112.jpg

IMG_20200325_205215.jpg

IMG_20200325_205129.jpg

Screenshot_20200326-131212.jpg

• Like 6

Nice chunk of silver.  Do you think there was a stone in that diagonal fissure which has detached?

Is that 925 silver or white gold? Usually don't see heavy castings done in silver like that. Any marks inside?

Either way pretty nice ring. Congrats!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kac said:

Is that 925 silver or white gold?

I was wondering the same thing as I had a ring like that made from 2 tone gold, and yes when I dropped it I could hear a higher than normal tone from it. I think it was because of the way it was made, almost hollow in the top.

55 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

I was wondering the same thing as I had a ring like that made from 2 tone gold, and yes when I dropped it I could hear a higher than normal tone from it. I think it was because of the way it was made, almost hollow in the top.

Do you still have it to test the ID?

Yes I still have it and will check it with my nox 800 if that will help you.

I will first have to dig it out of the closet and will do so on Thursday.

• Thanks 1

Your best bet is an acid test kit. I thought I had a white gold or junk ring and turned out to be platinum.

Kits are pretty cheap, think I paid $24 for mine and came with a handy jewelers loupe that gives me a headache. Guessing it was a leftover give away for Cracker Jacks prizes when they switched over to stickers and temporary tattoos.