High Tone Happiness

Other metal to check is palladium which looks like platinum. The acid test kits check for that too. I never found any so can't tell you what they ring in at.

I have a couple silver rings (with meteorite mountings -- remember those for the late 70's / early 80's?) that look quite similar in regards to the texture/casting.  Each TID's at 32 on an air test with the Equinox.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, kac said:

Other metal to check is palladium which looks like platinum. The acid test kits check for that too. I never found any so can't tell you what they ring in at.

I'm guessing it wasn't in the ground too long--only 1" deep. In that time, it had some tarnish on it. I soaked in ketchup, but that did nothing. Once I put it in jewelry cleaner, the tarnish came off quickly. Some buffing brought back the shine. 

• Like 1

Small acid test kit is the easiest way to take the guess work out. I recently found a 925 ring made in Italy and it rang in lower than a quarter or dime. Rings and jewelry in general vary based on how much metal, size and orientation so the numbers will be different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2020 at 11:18 PM, Againstmywill said:

Do you still have it to test the ID?

I did the test on my ring and it showed up as a 24, my wedding ring that I wear showed a 12.

My wedding ring is  a  10K 2 tone gold ring with some small diamonds.

My old ring that looks close to yours shows 10 k also, I think that the reason it rings up differently is because it has the hollow area in the top. It does have the 10K mark on the inside towards the top.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 2Valen said:

I did the test on my ring and it showed up as a 24, my wedding ring that I wear showed a 12.

My wedding ring is  a  10K 2 tone gold ring with some small diamonds.

My old ring that looks close to yours shows 10 k also, I think that the reason it rings up differently is because it has the hollow area in the top. It does have the 10K mark on the inside towards the top.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for taking the time to look for the ring and then test it on the detector. Very kind of you.

• Like 1