I enjoy finding foreign coinage.   I think its cool.

Very nice dime!!!

HH
Mike

• Like 1

From Wikipedia

“By the 1840s, Indian peace medals had come to be known as a "presidential series" for which there was growing interest. The federal mint in Philadelphia started collecting dies for the previously issued medals. This began the practice of striking bronze replicas of medals for presentation to government officials or historical societies. Production of the bronze medals began in 1842 with the Jefferson medal. The dies of the Washington and John Adams medals were missing during initial production, however. The John Adams die was not collected until 1878, and the George Washington die was ultimately reproduced in 1903, completing the series.”

Restruck in 2007

• Like 6

I'd be looking in that flattened cartridge for a nugget!  Nice bunch of finds.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 2

Mate. I want to claim that Aussie coin.  I’m sure I lost it when I was in the States in 2010.  😎🤪🤛🏻

On a serious note, I hope you guys are coping with the ‘beer’ virus and not taking anti-malarial pills for it.  I’m hunkered down with Netflix and perusing my favourite forums. Keep safe y’all. 🔒☠️🇦🇺

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

I'd be looking in that flattened cartridge for a nugget!  Nice bunch of finds.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

Yea Gary good eye, i was wondering if anyone would notice. It's the second one i have found the first one was empty, but i will happily post if i find some nuggets in there. 

Great finds, and wish you more luck in the future.

• Thanks 1