Testing The Vanquish 540

Thx , still does not work on mine. I will ask to the ML support over here in France ..

My Vanquish 340 in the off state .... for turning on the connection to xiaomi 10,000 mA..powerbank if the batteries are stored in the detector ......

But ... if the detector is without batteries, it will not turn itself on after connecting the power bank ...

the same situation is when connected to the computer ... the detector must have batteries to turn on and connect to the computer...

• Like 2

Thanks El Nino , actually I was interested running the Vanquish only from a powerbank ( without AA batteries ) because I think that a single battery is usually more reliable than 4 , mainly because of the limited number of electrical contacts ( 2 instead of 8 )

So you get the same result as me , logical .

However  I will not complain to ML about this as there is no reference to the usb port use in the Vanquish manual 🙂.... So the end user is not supposed to use this usb port I imagine . 

• Like 1

It is important to say that when Vanquish with batteries is connected to the computer, it turns itself on ... connects to the computer ... and is identified in the computer as Vanquish ...

it is practically ready to upgrade .... Now it depends on Minelab or we will offer us some Updater ..:wink:

IMG_20200528_120920_573.jpg

• Like 2

This might be a stupid idea, but I was just wondering if the batteries were dead would the Vanquish operate on an external battery if the rechargeables were still in the machine or would they suck up the juice? Probably not wired to charge through that port. Hmmmm...

COMPARATIVE DEPTH TEST OF THE V8 V10 V12 COILS ( VANQUISH 540 ) :
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just received my V10 coil so I could do a comparative depth test of the 3 Vanquish coils on my test boxes.
This on my usual  targets , a big copper coin 10g at 30cm ( 12inches ) and a small bronze coin 2g at 17cm ( 7 inches ).
The boxes ground is moderately mineralized and free of iron targets.

A) Depth test /  10g copper coin at 12 inches :

1st. 540 V12 :   A quite clean signal / high tone
2nd. 540 V10 :  A weaker signal / high tone 
3rd. 540 V8 :    No signal

B) Depth test /  2g bronze coin at 7 inches :

1st. 540 V10 :   A sharp signal / medium tone
2nd. 540 V12 :  A less clean signal / medium tone 
3rd. 540 V8 :     A weaker signal / medium pitched tone

So a little conclusion from this quick test : the V12 is the most sensitive coil to big coins say from 5grams and more , and the V10 the most sensitive coil to small coins say from 1gram to 5grams.

About the V8 I have no specific test with very small targets but I have some experience with it on the field 
and I know that the V8 is very sensitive to very small shallow targets like shotgun pellets.

There is nothing really new with this , of course there is a link between the coil size and the target size , 
but I wanted to confirm this with the Vanquish ..

From my standpoint , as I usually look the more often for small coins between 2 and 5 grams , clearly the V10 coil is the most
interesting for me. It is a powerful coil , lighter than the V12, I expect very good results with it on the field …

Coils other infos  :

- Vanquish coil sizes / weights ( without coil cover )
V12 : 12in X 10in / 440 grams 
V10 : 10in X 8in   / 360 grams
V8  :  8in X 6in     / 310 grams

DSC02415.JPG

DSC02414.JPG

DSC02416.JPG

• Like 2

On 6/4/2020 at 11:50 PM, phrunt said:

Thanks, I've yet to get the v10.  I guess I need to complete the set.  I like you've got the extra lower shafts too.

In fact the lower shafts are carbon shafts that I made myself  to save weight. Like the middle shaft which is also a handmade carbon shaft . 

My Vanquish 540 / V10 coil only weights 1,06 kg with carbon lower/mid shafts and 4 lithium AA batteries ( instead of 1,2kg before modif ) , see pics  below …

DSC02418.JPG

carbon lower shaft dimensions : length 630mm , ext diameter 19mm , thickness 1mm  / weight 70grams

DSC02419.JPG

carbon mid shaft dimensions :    length 500mm , ext diameter 22mm , thickness 1mm / weight 50grams

DSC02420.JPG

• Like 3

Vanquish 540 V10 in action …  A very nice find with a silver coin dating from 1859 Napoleon III , found today in a wood near a small town. Very happy with this 😊 I never found this kind of coin before ... I still find the Vanquish a little noisy on the ferrous ( and there are a lot of them over here ) , but I must admit that when it is on a target it is very accurate and deep... The id was 26 with a high pitched tone.  Hopefully I had the Profind 35 with me because the coin was at the bottom /center of the hole, I would probably have damaged it without the pinpointer …  The Vanquish performs very well in woods / forests ,and this V10 coil is excellent in the field, light and powerful , this confirms my previous static depth tests ( see above ) ...🙂 

DSC02425.JPG

DSC02428.JPG

DSC02430.JPG

DSC02432.JPG

• Like 2