Thinking Of Selling Simplex+ And Buying Vanquish 440

I have a Simplex+ and am thinking seriously of thinking selling the Simplex and buying the Vanquish 440.

I have nothing really negative to say about the Simplex. I have the Nox 800 and think that the TID on the Vanquish will be similar to the Nox 800 for the same targets? Am I right?

With the Simplex and the Nox 800 I have two sets of numbers to remember. Don't need that.

Plus I like the tones on the 800 better than the Simplex. How do the tones on the V 440 compare to the 800?

Plus I like the Multi-frequency aspect of the Vanquish.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

• Like 1

Hi 

I have tested the Simplex+ a few weeks ago for a shop in France , and I now have a Vanquish 540 V12 and V8 since 3 weeks , so perhaps I can help you , even if I have not the 440 .

Concerning the Simplex+ , there are a few things that I do not like , first I found it quite heavy , it weights 1,4kg and it is quite front heavy this mainly due the 11 coil weight. ( BTW there is only one coil available for the Simplex while 3 coils are available for the Vanquish ).

The Vanquish 440 V10 weights 1,2kg so 200grams less than the Simplex+ , this makes a big difference … And you can even lighten the Vanquish using lithium batteries , or light 1300mAh Nimh , ending with a 440 at 1,15kg instead of 1,4kg for the Simplex.

The other thing I did not like with the Simplex is the audio , there were some kind of lack of accuracy on the signals . On the Vanquish the targets sounds are very accurate even at depth , they are very similar to the 800 , also similar from the FBS family , Etrac and the older Explorers that I was using at the beginning of the 2000s.  Actually I do not know the 440  but I imagine it is very similar to my 540  concerning the audio. The multitone on the 540 is more than excellent ...

The TIDs I cannot answer on this , I never look at the TIDs on any detector , I just use my ears and only my ears ...

A big plus on the Simplex+ the IP protection against water and humidity , while the Vanquish has no protection, just a box cover ..

Apart from this IP protection , frankly I largely prefer the Vanquish to the Simplex , but it is just my opinion ...

Hop that helps ...

• Like 6

2 hours ago, maxxkatt said:

I have the Nox 800 and think that the TID on the Vanquish will be similar to the Nox 800 for the same targets? Am I right?

Yes. Same target id range and almost identical numbers on targets. The tones sound similar but keep in mind the Vanquish 44 is three tones max.

minelab-vanquish-440-540-tones.jpg

• Like 4

It's interesting that so far, the diversification factor hasn't been mentioned explicitly.  Given that maxxkatt already has the ML Eqx 800, which detector (if either) creates/fulfills more incremental opportunities?

1 hour ago, palzynski said:

BTW there is only one coil available for the Simplex while 3 coils are available for the Vanquish.

Is Minelab actually selling the coils individually yet?  Last I looked I couldn't find Vanquish coils on Ebay, other than from people who bought the 540 with 2 coils and decided to let go of one.

I give this info here only for demonstration, that the coil for Vanquish can be bought separately

...I'll delete those links in an hour ...

Hi maxxkatt,

Several Nox users wanted a three tone setting for the Nox. With the Vanquish 340 and 440 you get that. To me, the tones are more immediate or fuller on the Vanquish than on the Equinox. The pitches of the three tones on the 340 and 440 are exactly the same musical tones as the highest silver pitch, nickel pitch and iron pitch of the default 5 tone settings on the Nox 600 and 800. Like phrunt, I think the tones and numerical target IDs for shallow to medium depth targets are more exact on the Vanquish. Numerical target IDs on shallower targets are less jumpy and the tones themselves whether over accepted targets or over junk/rejected targets are easier to recognize.  Most junk targets are not quite as clear as coin/jewelry targets. Rejected shallower iron targets that false in the teens to low twenties also have easy to hear fractured mid or high tones. Deeper iron falsing and deep coin targets are more difficult to distinguish.

The pinpoint function on the Vanquish is much easier to master even though you have to hold down the pinpoint button throughout pinpointing.

The V10 coil is much less troubled by EMI than the (much more sensitive???) larger 11" Equinox coil.

Ergonomics and adjustability of the Vanquish are outstanding.

I love my Equinox. It is a serious detector for very hardcore, serious detecting. It always challenges me to be a better detectorist.

The Vanquish is a really fun, no nonsense detector.

Jeff

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

I just decided to have both. I bought the Simplex forst and enjoy it. I wanted the Multi IQ tech as a secondary machine. They are both so inexpensive that it made sense to just buy them both. I ordered rechargeable batteries for the Vanquish 440 and I am set. best of both worlds.

• Like 5