Aussie Gold Hunters Is Back!

I just asked if it was going to play in the states.  I think I know the answer.

This season the hunt is bigger than ever with 20 episodes and seven teams of gold hunters - the largest number in the show’s history – embarking on the ultimate treasure quest across the country. These gold hungry crews are driven by the record-breaking price of Australian gold, the increasing number of nuggets being found lying very close to the surface and the unwavering belief that they too could strike it rich and land a monster nugget.

https://tvblackbox.com.au/programs/2020/3/26/airdate-aussie-gold-hunters-returns-for-its-biggest-season-yet

The guy on the left is Dean Smith, who is an expert on the casting of gold nugget replicas. His work is excellent, as you can see. He has actually taken casts of a couple of nice colors that I have unearthed.

Neville Perry a Victorian gold buyer is in the middle and next to him is Mick Clark, his partner and excavator operator. The two have a successful license north of Dunolly in central Victoria.

These gold shows give the impression that gold is easy to find in Australia, however as Mitchel can attest this is not the case.

I was approached by one of these film companies some time back but decided against it as i suspected that facts would be, shall we say, flexible.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad Reg said it was a fake, I almost was ready to sell the house and move to the land down under. I think Simon was ready to go too. He would need one hell of a plane to put all those detectors in ha ha

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Simon will need a second plane for the coils!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Maybe we could call it phrunt force 1 and 2. Have GOLD will travel. I'm thinking Simon should get a TV show !!!! 

Lets vote on that!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

99.9 % better than anything I watch. (except ancient aliens) Maybe we would actually get a real reality show. I'm still voting for you. How about the South Western Phrunt for a name !!!  I'm sure we can come up with more.

10 hours ago, Reg Wilson said:

I was approached by one of these film companies some time back but decided against it as i suspected that facts would be, shall we say, flexible.

Reg your suspicion's were, of course, correct. Those shows are tightly scripted. Have many friends who used to work in 'reality' shows, there is nothing real about them. Best...

• Like 1

The Gold Phrunt!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, flakmagnet said:

Reg your suspicion's were, of course, correct. Those shows are tightly scripted. Have many friends who used to work in 'reality' shows, there is nothing real about them. Best...

If it was reality then it would be shown without much post production but it is highly manipulated video shot on location.  The best reality show I saw was Dirty Jobs.  You could tell it was 'cut' but not put out of sequence.